Dometic fridge shuts down on gas

rddog8691

I have been having problems with my fridge it runs great on electric and switches over to gas fine and runs for a while but the gas goes out and check light comes on. I dont want to pay to have it fixed so i have been troubleshooting by my self. So far i cleaned the whole thing with compressed air got all the dust and dirt out including removing the orifice. I also replaced the original Dometic board with a new Dinosaur board and cleaned all the connections. The voltage in my batteries is around 12.5 and was wondering if low voltage could be the problem. Any help. Thanks

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Dometic fridge shuts down on gas

Your refer will work on batteries down to about 9.6 volts. You need to check the LP pressure. Your regulator could be the culprit. I think you need about 11" of water column. You probably wasted your money on that Dinosaur board...they usually cost more than exact replacement.

chief4-1

RE: Dometic fridge shuts down on gas

Try running your hot water tank on gas for a awhile then trying your frig. on gas.

Ozarkian

Make sure your motorhome is fairly level or your dometic will shut down.

Ozarkian

Make sure you motorhome is fairly level or your Dometic will shut down.

Darwin

I had a simular problem years ago, the gas regulator pressure was low. If I remember correctly it should be set at 11 inches of water column pressure.