DUAL A/C?

ram1z

I have a '96 3250 Rexhall with a slide that has 2 AC units on it. There is a switch in the back bedroom that selects which unit to run and ALLOWS you to select both. But the breaker always trips when I try to run both. When I bought it the owner said I could only use one at a time. First, I'm not sure why I can't use 2 as the generator is 5kw and question #2 is can I wire one direct for shore power and use a seperate generator or a seperate shore line?

C Nash

Re: DUAL A/C?

The 5k gen should run both at the same time unless you have several other high draw appliances on also. One of the units must be drawing to many amps or maybe both. You could also have a weak circuit breaker. Yes you can wire them to where you could run one from another shore power or generator but I would find the problem first.

G

well my MH was setup the same way .. i also had the switch in the BR ,, up ws for rear a/c ,, down was for front ,, what i did ,, was install a 50amp plug ,, and wired into the same j box ,, as the genset is on ,, u see one of the breakers on ur genset is ,, just for one of the a/c unit's ,, that's it ,, the other is for the rest of u'r coach ,,, it is long to explain here how i did it ,, but if u'r cabable doing stuff ,, like this ,, it's snap ,, if u want more info about this ,, PM me ,, and i'll give the long version
:approve: ;) :) :)

G

btw ,, i forgot to ask ,, u have the plug inside u'r electrical compart ment for the genset ,, and also do u have to switch the switches the same as i use to have too ???? sorry ,, just thinking this out ;) :approve: