Duo-Therm Anolog Thermostate

foxdox

I have the Duo-Therm Anolog Thermostate model 57915.622 in my 27' travel trailer. Is there anyway to change, for lack of a better word, the dwell time?

For example, when I have the AC on, and say the thermostate is set at 74 Deg. The trailer will get too hot before it turns on, then get too cold before it will turn off. There is too wide of a tempture range. I know on my house thermostate, I can adjust a potentiometer, but this thermostate does not have one. Can this be fixed or can you recommend a thermostate that will work in a travel trailer and be adjustable?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kirk

Re: Duo-Therm Anolog Thermostate

If it is the solid state type, I suspect that it is thermistor controlled and that it would need to be replaced. I suggest that you contact Dometic, the manufacturer.

Craig Eppley

RE: Duo-Therm Anolog Thermostate

Read my post about installing a Digital Thermostat,that I posted this morning, Sunday April 5,2009 about an RVP Thermostat. My 1st camper that I converted to a Digital Thermostat did the same exact thing that you stated yours was doing. Once replace the problem went away.