Electrical help needed

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by KWGundy, Jul 2, 2011.

  1. KWGundy

    KWGundy New Member

    I have been searching for days and cannot find an answer.

    I am converting a cargo trailer into an RV. I am going to have a 50 amp socket. Can you tell me or point me somewhere I can get assistance on how do I wire a 50 amp socket to a circuit breaker and what kind of wire I should use? I only need about a foot.

    Thank you
  2. Pancanbob

    Pancanbob Senior Member

    RE: Electrical help needed

    Hi, GW
    Welcome to the forum

    The size of wire you will need is dependent on the amount of load (Amps) on the circuit.
    I'm not an electrician, but I'm sure you can ask some one at Home Depot or Lows about the size.
    Good luck
  3. Pancanbob

    Pancanbob Senior Member

    RE: Electrical help needed

    Hi, Darin

    Becarful... Mr. Electricity in not alway your friend ! ! !

    If you are not familiar with electric service or have any apprehension with working on it PLEASE call a professional.

    I did more checking on the internet

    these URL tell about the different connection at camp grounds, 30 Amp and 50 Amp...

    This URL will give you the wire size for a given load(Amp)...


    This should answer your questions.
    Take care
  4. Triple E

    Triple E Senior Member

    Re: Electrical help needed

    50 amp requires 8 gauge wire. Since you are only going around a foot use copper. Becareful. :approve:

Share This Page