engine removal 1989 class A winnabago

red dog

Hey I have an 89 winnabago and need to remove the moter.Its a 454 cu in. Any tips on how to get it out??? I heard you had to remove windshield..but......

akjimny

Re: engine removal 1989 class A winnabago

James, I looked at pictures of you motor home in the Internet and I don't see why you would have to remove the windshield. I would think it could be removed from the front, using either an engine hoist or fork lift. Or you could remove it a piece at a time. I know this is the hard way, but if you get it down to a stripped block, that should come out pretty easy.

By the way - why does the engine need to be removed?? :) :)

red dog

Hey Jim,Thanks for the info.The reason I need to remove it is cause its threw a rod I think.Anyway I am thinking of installing a new moter.I did think that taking heads and intake manifold off first would be best,thanks again and (Happy RVin) RED DOG

akjimny

I should have added that looking at the pictures, you will probably have to remove the front bumper, grill and radiator and all those associated hoses, but it should come straight out after that. Sorry about the thrown rod. Did it break thru the block on its way out? :eek: :eek: