Exterior Questions

try2findus

This weekend we are finally getting around to giving the RV some much needed TLC. Having just bought it in May, and having it in the shop for approximately 2 months, then of course Hurricane Gustav, we have decided to spend this weekend giving it a good once over.

Do I feel guilty for leaving the hurricane clean up for a couple of days? No, we are still doing that and will be for several more months.

We have a weekend trip planned at Fountainebleu State Park with several of the grandchildren and family and are looking forward to it!

So we are attempting to clean the freshwater tanks to get rid of a foul smelling and foaming water situation and give it a good washing on the outside.

While washing the exterior, I have discovered several nicks on the surface and we are wondering what to use to repair these places. Is there a certain product that performs better or is easier to use?

It is possible that the damage is from rocks on the road or even the hail we encountered in Amarillo. Nevertheless, I am sure something needs to be done.

Not to change the subject, but I am amazed at the amount of "stray" caulk that was left on the exterior. One would think the manufacturer would have better quality control during the construction of their units. Now, of course, it requires a lot of elbow grease and not too much so as not to damage the finish, to get the caulk off.

Thanks for any advice on the nick repair of the fiberglass. :)

ironart

Re: Exterior Questions

Hi Jeanie,
I just go thought with cleaning the "Stay Caulk" from my window trim. I used a little knife and just cut away the unwanted stuff.....the process left an unsightly residue of black stuff where the old caulk had been.......I used Ken's "Reliable" cleaning stuff and a little scotch bright pad and it just came right off......Really Great Stuff ....Just be sure to rinse well right after use, or it will remove the wax too.......

try2findus

Re: Exterior Questions

Thanks Ironart. We will give Ken's Reliable cleaning product a try. Sounds to me like it may have many uses. Once I get started with a great new cleaner, I develop an OCD. :)

I promise to rinse well also.

Thanks again for your input.