Exterior Speakers on The RV

xcheck21

My RV has 7 speakers inside and none outside. I was thinking of getting 2 sony outdoor marine speakers for outdoor enjoyment. My stereo has "A", "B", or A&B choices, so I can attach exterior speakers to B only if I want. Anyone know of any bertter speakers that the sony exterior marines, also, what is the best way to seal them so the RV stays dry. :)

TexasClodhopper

Re: Exterior Speakers on The RV

Since I have camped beside "speakers" before, I would only suggest you wire in some headphone jacks. :clown:

cwishert

Now Tex some of us folks are respectful and do not entertain the whole park. I do dislike it though when sitting on the "Beach" enjoying the sounds of nature and someone pulls up on one side and starts blaring thier music and then on the other side someone else pulls up and starts blaring totally different type of music and I guess both thinking that the whole 5 miles of beach needs to hear thier music and they must compete with each other.

Unfortunately to the OP I do not know about what kinds of speakers and how to install them. I do know that it is possible though and plan on having it done to our MH in the near future.

TexasClodhopper

Well, just having a little fun. I don't mean to imply that Mark would ever turn the volume up, either. :clown:

What you ought to do, from a technical point of view, is wire some additional speaker TERMINALS on the outside. Then you can have your best speakers out there and put them away inside when you move.

Darlin

We have our speakers mounted inside the compartment. We Just flip over to B & open the comp doors & VOILA Music, News Weather. This way it protects the speakers inside.

Darlin :cool:

LEN

Why not wireless? Then you can move them around the RV in any direction and just plug and play.

LEN

cwishert

You all are pretty smart. Right now I am just using the portable boom box from Wal Mart with some D batteries or plug it in if we are plugged in. Works for us for now. I really enjoy the sounds of nature more but if there are others that are disturbing my peace then I turn on a little music myself. Actually my son was the one who suggested the outside stereo system but he gets bored easily. He would probably be one of the annoying ones thinking everyone else wanted to hear his music. :clown:

LEN

I didn't even think that I already have wireless in mine and never use it. I have sirius radio, but have never tried it out side as I don't carry a boom box. Note to self pick up cheap radio and see what range of wireless is before major purchase.

LEN

xcheck21

RE: Exterior Speakers on The RV

you all are pretty funny. I am not the blasting type, just wanted to sit under the awning and have some nice soft back round music playing without having to open windows or doors on the RV, keep the a/c inside. Wireless is cool idea, I dont know what the range is for them. Len, having speaker terminals for removeable speakers is a good idea also. Time to start shopping again.

I was also looking into the Satellite TV and saw the portable cube for about $650 or you can go cheaper and get a dish on a tripod or ladder mounted. THe roof ones start to become more expensive.
It never ends. :laugh:

xcheck21

Hey Len thats such a simple and great idea. Sometimes the simplest ways to go are the best also. I am off to the hardware store to get some PVC. I am now going to figure out a way to have the dish lay flat for travel instead if the large contraption on the floor of my camper while in transit. Once again, thanks for your insight.

DEWar Dave

It is very easy to build, cool little contraption... I built it a month ago.... now just need to get the everything to work on it. lol

bighornram

TexasClodhopper - 2/27/2009 12:48 PM

I always send this link when someone talks about expensive satellite tripod mounts:

http://www.bbrv.dreamstation.com/sat.html

I did this several years ago and it keeps it's functional integrity in high winds when other commercial tripods (equipped with big rocks) topple over. I keep printed copies of the instruction sheet for it in my rig. I usually have at least one person inquire about it.