f350 purchase?

jetboat

thinking of buying a used 2004 ford 350 2wd crew cab,super duty.it has 45.250 miles.need some input about this truck,always been with chev/gmc.will be towing a 32 sandpiper bumper pull with two slides,(my currant gmc 2500 6.0 has been doinig the work).need help on this,thanks guys.

scorpiontimothy

Re: f350 purchase?

Its a good choice, I pull and older one with the 7.3, and a 31 ft TT, also about 2,000lbs in my bed of truck. the F350s are well built for pulling and hold up well under weights your truck likely has a powerstroke which is a great runner, good luck to you

Grandview Trailer Sa

Like he says, suspension is good, but RUN like hell from the 6.0 diesel, if it has one. I would stay with GM. I own 2 and can't be happier. I have owned three F-350's and now I say: If there is a Ford in my driveway, I have company.

C Nash

Which engine does the F350 have jetboat? If the 6.0 diesel do a search on it here on the forum. The 7.3 diesels were fine.

DL Rupper

Say no to the Ford 6.0 L Power Stroke diesel engine. Stay with the GM or better yet go with the Dodge Cummins super man truck. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve:

DL Rupper

Hey jetboat, take a look at the 9 pages of Ford 6.0 L Problems. I reactivated it from the dead files. The 2003 and 2004 Ford 6.0 L diesel engines were the worst. :(

jetboat

RE: f350 purchase?

thanks, hope the one we got has better luck. iam going to get a after market bubper to bumper warrantey from my son in laws father,he sells them and its at cost for a 4yr. all inclusive plan.wish me luck.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Better do a VIN check on the work already done on that truck. If you Son in Laws Father knows his truck, he won't want you to see it. Other than that, good luck. Ford dumped this engine in 5 years, they kept the 7.3 for over 20. We will see how long this new engine is around. It has problem also.

jetboat

RE: f350 purchase?

a vin check from car fax was a one owner,and only one recall.other than that,it was clean. ill see if my son in laws father can do some checking.hope its not a grapefruit!