first look was very intimidating ..

I've been looking at tt online and today I decided to stop and see one up close and personal to see if they were claustrophobic - they were intimidating and those 5th wheelers were huge and very roomy on the inside and quite pricey too, but I could never imagine trying to pull one of those. They had a lot of trailers with the bunks, which I don't need and don't want. I want one with an end kitchen, be it front or rear, but they didn't have any of the ones I've looked at online on that lot and I didn't go to the other lot because there's a ditch between the 2 and you have to get back on the highway so I decided to save that for another day.

The slides really make a big difference in the overall feel of the interior. I went into one with the living area in the rear and the dinette and sofa slid out and the big window in the back made it feel more open too. But I have to wonder, how is it that the 5th wheels look so big inside and have a bar in the kitchen and steps leading up to the bedroom when there is only about a 4" difference in the width? And, you don't feel like you're in a trailer at all but more like a small apartment.

I feel a little better about what will work and what won't after today, and I will go back when my sister comes down. There was only one trailer that I felt comfortable about the steps and the grab bar and that is going to be a big deal because my sister broke her back so it's got to be something she can easily get in and out of.

So I've got time and as my Daddy always said, "don't run at it" ..

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: first look was very intimidating ..

Marian,
I have a rear kitchen Sunset Creek TT on my lot. Also have a Rear kitchen ElkRidge 5th wheel. I ALSO have, not on my website, a used Rear Kitchen 5th by SunnyBrook.

We just got in a Rear Bay window Sunset Creek TT and it is pictured on my site.

If I can be any help, let me know.

thanks, there are so many different manufacturers, but I will check those out. The neighbor across from my mama's showed me his 5th wheel the other day and it was small and I don't think the slide out would have made much difference. I was afraid all trailers were that small and I knew there wouldn't be enough room for my sister, a friend and his dog and me and mine.

rjf7g

I have a 27' class C with no slide and a 36' park trailer (I bought from Grandview Trailer Sales) with 2 slides. I don't move the trailer (Ken installed it for me) and it has a ton of room. The class C has enough room for what I use it for - weekend camping in the winter time and as a guest cottage during the summer. Roominess is also a function of how you will be using it.

You should take the trip up to see Kenneth - bring your tow vehicle, too. He won't sell you a trailer you can safely pull AND stop. You can trust him!

rjf7g - 12/23/2010 9:06 AM
You should take the trip up to see Kenneth - bring your tow vehicle, too. He won't sell you a trailer you can safely pull AND stop. You can trust him!

at this point I don't have a truck so I'm looking at the truck/trailer as a combination rather than getting a trailer to suit a particular truck. One of my sisters thinks I should wait til I get the money to look for a trailer, but I like to research EVERYTHING before I buy so when I get the money I already know what I want and hopefully that will be sometime after the first of the year.

C Nash

Marian, you are being smart to look and research ahead of time. Know for sure or in general what you want and then buy when you have the money. Makes sense to me. JMO

C Nash - 12/23/2010 6:28 PM

Marian, you are being smart to look and research ahead of time. Know for sure or in general what you want and then buy when you have the money. Makes sense to me. JMO

thanks ..