first time buyer ???"S

outdoors4ever

Newbie needs help with a towing question, I was directed to this forum from a fellow shopper at the Rv show this past weekend. My question is I have a 2006 Toyota 4runner sport model v8 engine, my owners manual show a towing capacity of 7200 lobs which seems real heavy. The sales person at the show says that I will no problem hauling a trailer that is 32 ft long end to end. I have a few dirt bikes to haul and wanted to get the largest rv that I can safely haul, Any advice? Thanks!!!!

H2H1

Re: first time buyer ???"S

ALEC, just remember the sale man is trying to make a sale and if his lips are moving he may not be truth full. Now as Ken has STATED it's a accident waiting to happen. I would and I suggest that you e-mail or PM or even call Ken at GST, Grand View Trailer Sales. I know him personally and I know he is honest and will not sell you anything that to large for your truck. I think he would rather lose a sale than to sale something that may cause a accident which could hurt or kill someone. Good luck and happy traveling. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

32 ft behind a 4 runner :eek: Please let me know where you will be towing so I can stay off the road. Can you tow it yes. Can you stop it maybe. Can you tow it and not endanger you and others no JMO. Good luck and hope you don't take our opinions the wrong way. Just trying to save you from making the mistakes some of us have already made :laugh:

outdoors4ever

Thanks to all, I have read all your comments and been on a fact finding mission since my 1st post. Its amazing what some sales people will say to make a buck!! So, This past weekend the family went out shopping and fact finding and I am happy to say that Im going to trade me 4runner for a tundra and have looked at a 27ft trailer, end to end. I realized that I would rather end my lease and get a larger tow vehicle then to buy a trailer that is too small, that would be an expensive regret.
I am waiting on a phone call from a michigan dealer and then maybe by the end of this week I can have all the dominoes in a row, Thanks again to all and I will post again, Alec.

outdoors4ever

Still in the haggling mode!! but it is fun, at least i have the brand and model narrowed down, now to find a no nonsense dealer who is ready to step up to the plate!!!

outdoors4ever

Thanks for the replies, our trailer arrived today , if anyone is considering making a purchase and having their trailer delivered I can say that we are very pleased. The driver arrived this morning and our trailer is all that we hoped it would be. We were given a walk thru right in our driveway and shown all about the trailer. A big thanks to Duane who delivered our trailer and to all the staff at Lakeshore rv for making the purchase so smooth and making our dream of rving come true.!! We did not have the time to upgrade the batteries before our trailer shipped but I am going to look locally to see if I can find the batteries. Time to go play with the new toy!!