First time travel trailer buyer.

FTFS

Hi. My name is Dalton. New to this. Got a few questions if anyone has the answers. Thanks. Bought a 2013 Cougar 32RBK. Living in Watford City being a part of this oil boom. Not used to this cold of weather. Do i need some sort of cover for the AC unit on roof during this snowy winter? Is it ok to run my hot water heater out of hot water every time I shower? And can I put bigger fuses in my panel to be able to run more space heaters and keep costs down on propane? I got her skirted and heated water hose which seems to be doing fine for now on not freezing my water. But she has alot of windows in her which keeps from staying warm. Thanks agian if anyones out there to help.

C Nash

Ok to run the hot water out of hot water as long as you have water going it. NO, on a bigger fuse!!!! Yes on a cover for ac. You could install a seperate line into the rv for another power source. AJMO and welcome to the forum Dalton

JCZ

You want to keep your propane heater going to keep your plumbing from freezing (assuming you have a true "all seasons" trailer). The propane heat is also heating your plumbing lines to keep them from freezing.

LEN

If you don't have thermal pane windows and even if you do in that cold of weather, there are the plastic window covers that give you a second or third line of defense for cold. Also the foam vent covers help a lot. Rugs on the floor help also. We use the car aluminum window covers for at night and this helps alot.

LEN

akjimny

I second what Len said. Plastic window covers (storm windows) on the outside, heat shrink plastic window covers on the indise for any windows you want to look out. If you aren't worried about looking out, you can make covers out of 1/2 inch or 1 inch styrofoam insulation or mylar bubble insulation that you can tape to the inside of the windows.

You said you had skirting. That's good. Even better if it is insulated. 2 inch styrofoam works great. Hope this helps some.:):)