Flat tow question

fishbreath

Do any of you have a disengage driveline on your flat tow vih????????????? What's your opion???? should I go that way or get a toad that does not require this application?????

C Nash

Re: Flat tow question

I like the toad that you just hook up and go. What type toad do you have. Think I have a driveshaft disconnect and driveshaft for a S10 laying around here somewhere.

H2H1

well I just went from a car dolly to A4D and the hook up is easy and very time saving. I will never go back to a car dolly towing again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

I had one installed on my Sonoma but it was a pain in the but to disengage once I was hooked up to tow. Than traded it in for one would tow without that.

elkhartjim

H2H1 - 8/7/2009 9:42 AMwell I just went from a car dolly to A4D and the hook up is easy and very time saving. I will never go back to a car dolly towing again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hollis, I thought you sold your dolly, went four down, sold you tow bar, bought another dolly....are you back to 4 down?

H2H1

I know it's confusing but yes, I was using a dolly and Maria thought that was what messed her tannny up in her Honda, and it's a FWD, plus putting a hole in her gas tank. So to put some grease on squeaking wheel. I sold the dolly and bought a car that was set up to tow. SO we are back 4down. I want go back to a dolly unless I have a car that is 100% mine. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

fishbreath

All responses were greatly appreciated. They priced my drive shaft at 950. I'll be looking for a toad that can be 4 down without the disengaging drive line like ford 4x4 150. then i can unhook and go on up to the high mountain lakes in the rocky mountains. I love to fish, even thinking of putting a small boat in the pick up. Then I'll have a do it all rig.

C Nash

What are you towing with? The 150 4x4 is going to be on the heavy side. JMO

dalebear

Hi all

4 down is the only way to go. 09 H3t all you do it push two bottons on the dash and its ready to tow 4 down, Only reason I traded in my 07 chevy truck. No brealk buddy, the breaks are tied into the breaks on the motorhome. Nothing to move when you get to were your going.

Dalebear