Forest River Inc.

slick

We want fellow rv'ers to know the trouble we are having with a Forest Rivers 2009 XLR 5th wheeler. $70,000 trailer with a slide-out "design defect that the dealer Fife RV in Fife Wa. nor Forest River wants to take responcibilty for. A lawyer advised us not to use it, so here it sits. WE have to make the payments or our credit will be hurt. It is a very long stroy but to shorten it up - The trailer was misrepresented at delivery, then prommised options to be installed at a later date - That took months of phone calls and things like - "You can bring it to us, but I can't prommise when you'll get it back, we have to work on OUR units first." Fife RV. Forest River,after month of phone calls and the help of another service person, we finally got most of a very long list of defect fixed, only to be told that the slide-out could not be fixed due to a design defect, so we would have to just live with it. This has gone one for over seven months.

G

RE: Forest River Inc.

sorry to hear that u can't use u'r rv ,, :( but i think most of us on here have seen it before ,, and i personally have seen it up close ,, and yes FR ,, will not do a thing about it ,, been there tried that ,, but that is all i am gonna say on about this post ,, but do a search on the FR post on here ,, and see what u find out ,, agian sorry for u'r misfortune ,, :angry: :disapprove: :(

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: Forest River Inc.

Regardless of the make of the unit, it should still be under warranty, since it is a new unit. There is no way the maker or dealer should be able to get away with not fixing the unit. Something doesn't seem right about this complaint.

Maybe to make this believable the very long story should be told, otherwise it seems a bit odd to me.

TexasClodhopper

Re: Forest River Inc.

Sharon, welcome to the forum!

"... a bit odd ..." :question: :question: :question: :question: Don't bother with the long story, we've heard it before. :(

Do the search here for "Forest River" by clicking on 'Search' in the upper left of the page. It won't be hard to find, but be prepared to read all of the posts. It will take a while.

LEN

Welcome Sharon,
Washington has a lemon law(I don't know if it extends to an RV) I would check with the consumer protection part of the Attorney generals office and see what you can do. Time wise on use of the rv you do qualify. Bottom line or if all else fails search for after market rv customiser that does slides and I would bet they could fix it. I know this would be more cost but looking at a $70000 loan on an unusable RV a little more could look good.

LEN

Grandview Trailer Sa

Slick, should have done more research. Sorry to hear about your problems, but you are under warranty...OH WAIT that is why I quit selling FR products.....customer service and warranty..............................

DL Rupper

You would think that somewhere along the line somebody would wake up about that company owned by Warren Buffet. I won't mention names, but someone takes FR feedback personal. Sure glad you guys have been kidding about my wonderful Dodge CTD. Otherwise I would have to take it personal and get hysterical. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Those laughy faces are for you know who.

SnowbirdInFlight

Kirk - 6/18/2009 4:33 PM You might want to make contact with some other unhappy owners and consider a suit? I would suggest that you collect all of the evidence of similar problems and pass it along to your attorney. You can find the one mentioned earlier here: http://www.rvusa.com/forum/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10192&posts=3&start=1 Good luck, and don't back off.

That is exactly what should be done. If you can't get them to do anything and it is still under warranty, then sue the pants off of them. Just don't understand that even WITH a lawyer you can't get them to live up to their warranty. Must not be a very good dealer either where you bought the unit from if you can't get him/her to help with this problem. Lots of luck and sorry you got a bad one. I don't think the new units are made as good as the older ones, but that applies to a lot of things now-a-days..

DL Rupper

They certainly don't make the new hitchHiker II's as good as the old ones. Oops, they don't make them anymore. Dang it. :( :evil: :laugh:

dalebear

If all else failes do what my sister did when she bought a lemond car. They would not take the car back or fix it so she parked it infront of the dealer on a public street , not their property , got on top the car and told everyone going to the dealer what they were doing to a singal mother with two kids. She may be just about 5ft tall but she has a big mouth. Two days of her doing that and they bought the car back from her. They called the cops but she was on a public street nothing they could or would do once they heard what the dealer was up to. Sometimes you just have to be a b???? to get what is right. My parents always said stand up for what is right , but if your in wrong take whats comming to you. Dont let the big guys push you around.