frech water pump

lasoyatang

Hi everyone
Sad to say but I winterized my tt today. As pur manufacture, I drained my water heater and blew out my lines (30 psi max air pressure) bypassed the water heater and added antifreeze to my fresh water tank and turned on my pump and it worked well I could see the pink in the lines . My equation is the pump sounded load and it being the first time I used it not sure if that's normal or not . Also would like to add how great this site is, this was my first year camping with a camper (used a tent for many years) and it really help answer many equations and I would like to thank all that has replied . thank you and happy camping to all still camping

ARCHER

Re: frech water pump

Sure glad you enjoyed yourself this year......many more to come we hope. Folks here are more than willing to help ya.... ;)

Grandview Trailer Sa

No offense, but I would like to know how many gallons of anti freeze you put in your fresh water tank. Please tell us.

I will add more after you reply.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Could have been done with half that, if you don't put it in your tank and install an adapter at the pump. You really dont want anti freeze in the fresh water tank, at least I don't want it in mine. Hard to clean out and get clean water again.

C Nash

I never add any to our fresh water tank. Just drain and you should be fine. If there is any left which there will be in the bottom there is plenty room for expansion IMO. I still think using the antifreeze, which is cheap, and by passing the w/h is the best way to go. I can do mine with 2 gallons and then no worries about maybe some water left in low places it the lines. But, I do live in Alabama where the weather is not like some of the northern states. Just a reminder for those that have plumbing for clothes washer and ice maker don't forget them.

Kirk

It is very common for owners to consider the water pump to be loud. There are several reasons. One of them is when the pump transmits vibrations through it's solid mounting to the floor of the RV. That can be helped by creating a vibration absorbing mount.

The second issue is that the water lines are a rather stiff & rigid material and they too transmit the vibrations and often rattle and make them much worse. That can be solved by connecting the pump to the supply and return lines by short sections of flexible water connections.

lasoyatang

Thanks Kirk that's exactly what I heard and felt the vibration in the pipes thanks for the reply

DL Rupper

I've never had a problem with putting anti-freeze in my fresh water tank. I just rinse it out when I'm ready to hit the road. Actually I think in helps freshen the water tank. :)