Fresh water tank.

Pitchy1

Can ya safely cook with water from your fresh water tank as long as it`s boiled. Are ya supposed to be able to drink wter from that tank as is ?

C Nash

Re: Fresh water tank.

Depends on where you fill the tank. Also you need to sanatize your tank. We use ours all the time for coffee and cooking but generally carry bottle water for drinking

C Nash

Guess you know how to sanatize the tank Pitchy? Don't remember the correct amount of mixing but you can goggle and find out. Several here can give it but I have to look it up evertime. Really messed up one time and wife had to straighten me out. Think I was going to add 5 gallon of clorox to my tank :eek: :eek: . Had went to wally world and bought 6 gallon. Think I still have some and that was several year ago :laugh: :laugh: Had a new MH and was real excited and brain wasen't working :laugh:

Pitchy1

I found a bottle of sanitizer from the previous owner and put recomendedamount in the tank. Now I have to find that dern drain valve for the fresh water tank, can`t seem to find it. Found the tank under a panel in the closet but can`t find the drain by looking under the rig. hmmmmmm

Pitchy1

Found them, remove panel under shower and there they be two T valves. :blush:

G

well i think u found the low point drains for the water system ,, not trying to say u'r worng or anything ,, but u should have a tank drain valve ,, somewhere on the outside of the rv ,, will prolly be white ,, and have a twist type top on it ,,
JMO :) :)

Pitchy1

If there is I can`t find it, under the fresh water tank is a storage compartment. In the owners manual it shows using the T valves to drain the tank but it`s under winter prep.
I`ll keep looking but i`ve been over, under and around the rv and haven`t found a pipe or outlet out of that tank yet.

Kirk

There is bound to be at least a tank drain, usually located near the fresh water tank. There is almost always a low point drain for each the cold and the hot water and there is a drain for the water heater. You can find a good set of instructions on how to sanitize your fresh water system at the link below. http://adventure.1tree.net/index.php/rv-living/maintenance/water-system-sanitizing

We have lived full-time in our motorhome now for ten years and we have been drinking the water from our tank the entire time. We use a good quality carbon block water filter for all water and we use good judgment on where to get our water, but we don't waste our money in buying bottled water, most of which is nothing more than filtered tap water.

brodavid

Hey Butch, under the error message you will see the homepage message click on it and it will take you to Kirk's site,
have a great day

Shadow

Thanks Brodavid, I also did a search and found 1/4 cup bleach per 15 gallons of water. I need to clean my fresh water tank soon. Going to do a couple of days of dry camping in Oct. :laugh: ;)

Pitchy1

Those two lines coming out of it under the shower must be it, can`t find anything else.

Thanks for the info, we`ll be doing all boondocking starting the first week of Oct, and will gradually work our way south to Texas before it starts freezing.