Fridge Repairs in California - thumbs up!

marstrings

Hi folks

I just had a very positive experience with a fridge cooler-unit repair job. So I'd like to recommend a company called Crane RV Refrigeration Inc.

Their website is http://www.gasrefrigeration.net

They are in Vallejo, California a little north of San Francisco, if you are in need of fridge repairs in that area.

After having a couple of quotes of around $1200 to repair our Norcold fridge cooler-unit in our 1997 Born Free 24RB; Crane quoted us half the amount. They build the cooler units themselves it seems - very few other fridge repair companies do that, so they say.

They were flexible (we had some problems in our journey and turned up two hours later than arranged - but they still got right on the job). And they were quick - two hours to get the fridge out of the RV, the cooler unit replaced and the fridge re-installed. All this on the day before Thanksgiving. They gave us a thermometer and a level gauge, and when I accidentally counted out $20 too much cash, they spotted it and gave me the twenty back.

Good guys. Highly recommended.

Martin.

WildWillyToo

Re: Fridge Repairs in California - thumbs up!

It will be interesting to know if you're still happy with this repair in a year, or so.
I stopped using rebuilds in our shop because the failure rate was so high! ( The company you mentioned above actually rebuilds cooling units.)
They are right about few others doing rebuilds. In the 90's there were many companies rebuilding cooling units. (There were 2 within 50 miles of me) Most of them have since gone out of business.
Good luck with yours and if you think of it, post your results next year.

vanole

CamperTech, see you have a NH plate where in the Granite State do you hail from? Former NH"ite" here Errol and then mid 70's Salem. The Navy called and I was gone.

V/R
Jeff

marstrings

There's a year guarantee on the cooler unit, so we'll see how it goes. Maybe the reason these guys are still in business is because they know what they're doing?

I'll let you know how we get on.

rjf7g

marstrings - 12/4/2008 8:50 PM
Maybe the reason these guys are still in business is because they know what they're doing?

That's a cool perspective on the situation. I hope you are right. It is hard to weigh some of the RV owner decisions and sometimes you fine yourself trusting your money (and your life) to a total stranger.

WildWillyToo

Hi VANOLE
I live & work in the southeastern part of the state. BUT, every weekend and holiday I spend just south of Errol. We have a second home in Milan, NH. The majority of our friends live in Errol, Milan, or Cambridge. Spend lots of time in the mountains either on 4-wheelers or sleds. If there was a good paying job for me up there, I'd be living there in a heartbeat!

Maybe we have some common accuaintences? PM me and we'll chat!