General Maintenance

Bigman

Good day fellow RVers
I am getting my 5th Wheel out of storage in Rusk Texas soon (Sorta East Texas) and wondering if anyone knows a reputable place to take it to get a general overhaul maintenance on it before we take off for a bit. Iam looking nowhere particular because we a generally in the middle of nowhere.

Steve

tjk_73

RE: General Maintenance

Anyone able to point me to a link or give advice on remodeling/securing items to walls (interior/exterior) inside my Wildwood XL 26BH? Thanks.

akjimny

Re: General Maintenance

Hi Tom and welcome to the forum. How to secure something to the walls depends on what you are securing. Light weight items (pictures, etc) can be glued to the walls. Heavier items (shelves, fire extinguishers, etc) will need to be attached to whatever passes for studs in your walls or use wall anchors. Remember you are dealing with 3/16s to 1/4 inch wallboard and RV builders run wires and tubes in the damnedest places. Don't ask me how I know this.
As for remodeling, it all depends on your knowledge, skills and ability. Everything in an RV is built to be light weight as well as sturdy enough to survive bouncing up and down the highway.
Good luck with your projects and let us know how things turn out. Post some before and after pictures. Everyone will post his or her opinion :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: