generator comes on all electricity goes off

zuma72

First time camper owner at first my generator would not start. So cleaned carb and it starts but as soon as it does a few seconds later all my power goes off. generator stays running.. I have checked the 30Amp switch its good. And I am getting 110 from generator i think checked the juction box under my bed. that i think goes to rest of trailer.from what i've read on here there is a switch to change over but i can't find it if there is one. it's a 2006 toyhauler if that helps.Thanks James

G

what type of genset do u have ??? and also what u have read means a transfer switch ,, but usally u can hear it switch ,, i would ck the breakers on the genset itself ,, it might have tripped one ,, most have 2 ,, also ck the 12 volt fuses on the set ,, they can cause issues also

LEN

Also some older and yours seems newer RV's need to have the shore power cord plugged into a Gen power supply. Was the gen original eguiptment?

LEN

zuma72

If your asking what kind of generator its a generac. And yes its original. I has a switch on front of trailer was told it was battery shut off. but when I turn it to off gen still starts. It has some lights on on the convertor but none light up.