Global warming????????????

elkhartjim

Its Dec 10th andits snowing in east Texas. Sleeted most of the morning and really upset my deer. The icicles are about 6 inches long and its 28. Where's Al???

C Nash

Re: Global warming????????????

Al is sitting in his mansion with all the heat and lights on. :laugh: Predicted snow here in Alabama tomorrow. I'll be doggone, global warming will melt my snowman for sure :angry:

utmtman

Some poor scientists in the arctic and anarctic did some drilling and took out these long tubes of ice, they say go back thousands and thousands of years. They say there is no global warming that we are going thru a natural cycle. Just going into it faster than would be normal. And they have been beat up on something fierce for that and while we were working at the national parks we had a letter from the head shed in Washington that said we were not to call it global warming under any circumstance but to call it global weather change. So go figure. And believe me we have had some nasty arguments we attempted to avoid from those avid believers in global warming.

TexasClodhopper

Well, we don't care. It isn't but once in 10 years or so that I get to throw a snowball at Sallyberetta ...

H2H1

OH BOY, Now you are living dangerous every ten years

cwishert

Well it's just not fair! Tex and Jim got to keep thier snow for a little while. We could only watch it get to the ground and melt. :(

SnowbirdInFlight

Yikes! Here in Gulfport, MS it is 35 degrees and calling for snow!
cold.gif
I'm ready to head further south
thtravel.gif
and see if I can find all that global warming
thhot.gif
they are talking about.
Weather.jpg

elkhartjim

We had enough snow on the ground that during the night I kept getting up wathing the deer feed on acorns in my yard. With the bright moon and the white snow it was extremely bright. Had snow on the ground till almost noon today.

TexasClodhopper

I know it doesn't impress some of you, because you have already found out what pretty snow melting looks like.

However, I managed to take a few photos for my album . Our snow per decade lasted for awhile, and tonight my truck still has a layer on it.

I missed hitting Sallyberetta with a snowball, so I guess I'll try again in a few years! :clown:

bcampbell

Hey Tex, since you just had your 10 year storm does this mean that there is no chance that I will run into a snow storm when I driving through Texas in February? I'm the guy that's driving from Phoenix to New Orleans in February. I live in Upstate NY where we have already had over 2 feet of snow this winter. We could use a little global warming up here. We average over 10 feet each winter. Nice pics! Thanks,

TexasClodhopper

Bruce, I will make sure the snow drifts are cleared off the roads for you to pass through without delay! :clown:

utmtman

Great pics Tex, but dont be surprised if it happens again next year. Seems to be getting colder and colder in the south at winter time.

campers4u

TEX,,,, If you need a few snow balls I'll pack a cooler full and ship it to you,,,,,,

Galen

TexasClodhopper

Thanks, Galen, we have one that we're going to raffle off at the Fourth of July picnic.

When we hand the winner the bag of liquid, they'll be mad and demand their money back.

The good news is that they'll be the only one mad out of all the tickets sold! :clown:

DL Rupper

I'm sorry, I missed it. Not sure if it snowed in Fredericksburg, TX where we are staying in the RV(Dec/Jan). We left last Wed for Ohio. Sure is cold here in Ohio (visiting in stick house for Chistmas). :eek:

C Nash

DL, you sure you will be ok in a stick house :eek: Don't get lost :laugh: Bet he makes them use diesel fuel for heating :laugh: Only problem then is he'll have to climb on the roof and smell the fumes coming out the chimmy. :eek: Don't fall off DL and stay clear of Santa. :laugh:

G

now ,, nash u know that DL will stay clear for santa ,, after all it was DL that talked him into putting the cummins in the sled ,, it' called the rupper sled ,, and he did this so he would know when santa arrived ,, and also to collect the the bonus ck from him ,, for the use of his idea :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: