GM vs Dodge

NC Hauler

Re: GM vs Dodge

bpe, show me where on 'thedieselplace",(GMC/Chevy Duramax Forums) that LOT'S of people are turning there new diesels in and are having TONS of problems with the new ones I've not seen, or experienced it. Sig. TV has 16,000 miles on it and the DPF, other than lousy mileage when going through regen, that's about the extent of the bad part of the new emissions. Emissions aren't going away, like it or not, it's the law. My truck is stock and runs like a champ, I've had an LB7, LLY and now the LMM duramax/Allison and this by far is the strongest of the three. Show me some of these links where all these people are turning the new diesels in under the Lemon Law, haven't seen or heard of them. As to Dodge buying part of GM, not going to happen. Fiat bought into Dodge to help them out some. You say some dealers are removing the egr's and the dpf's!! Son, I find it hard to believe that dealerships are out there breaking the law by removing these required emissions. Buy backs, trouble in the thousands???? back it up with proof. Go to "thedieselplace" and pose that statement on the LMM board and get educated.

DL Rupper

Goodness gracious what did I start. I still wouldn't own a 2007 or newer diesel period. My ol 2003 Dodge Cummins keeps on truckin and it's paid for. :laugh: Besides the new party in power will have them all diesels outlawed in favor of greenie trucks before you know it. :approve:

NC Hauler

RE: GM vs Dodge

Hey, my 07.5' is paid for also, but I'll agree that by the time the "new power" is done, diesels may be gone, or so "green' they won't be able to tow much of anything.

bpe

go to Dodge Cummins Diesel forum and read. There's plenty. Not trying to upset anyone. I'm not giving any name of the dealerships removing these emmisions. It was a either go to court over truck or fix truck (out of parts). It's illegal. And if you work your truck, you're not going to have problems with smut buildup. You need to take account in the fact that I'm in Houston, TX. It's nothing uncommon to set in traffic at a light 20 minutes. This also could go on for block after block. I was just in a traffic jam on I-45 and idled for over an hour and traveled only 2 miles. This equals a trip to the dealership to get smut removed and if it's put off(cel on), it'll get the turbo. Would chat longer but got to go. :)

NC Hauler

So now it's just Dodge that has the issue. I don't care where your from, I don't see it in NY and I bet they can sit at stop lights for awhile also. I don't see Dodge having the issues that your talking about either. You made a statement that a LOT of people are turning their new trucks back in under the Lemon Law, it's easy to look up, I'm not seeing a lot, not seeing very many at all compared to how many trucks have been sold by the big three. Oh, it's not "smut", it's soot. The DPF burns off the soot. You need to expand your search. As for dealers removing DPF's and egr's. I still find this hard to believe that they're breaking a federal law and not putting the issue back on the manufacturer. EGR's have been around, since at least 05' on the diesels. There are a LOT of drivers out there driving the new diesels with no mods, just like me and their Dodge, Ford or GM/Chevy's are doing fine. "Maybe" just in the Houston area, possibly but I tend to doubt that also. I have spent a lot of time on Dodge, Ford and GM forums reading about the "new" diesels and their DPF systems and other then Ford shooting flames out the exhaust early in the game, and the lousy fuel mileage you get while going through regen, that's been about it, of course I'm talking the entire US, not just Houston TX. Don't get me wrong, I think the DPF and some of this emissions "stuff" is a joke, but guess we better get use to it, I doubt very seriously it's going away. I will also figure that people will still buy the new ones, and they are. Hold on to yours and take real good care of it because if your waiting for the emissions to go away, they aren't. :disapprove:

bpe

5.9's are getting hard to find here. Never intended to start an agruement with you. Cheers.

raskal

RE: GM vs Dodge

Just had the EGR replaced on our 07 GMC dually (under warrantee - 46K miles) while sitting for the winter in the SW. Have not been towing the 5er since October and was assuming the dirty fuel in the desert and border of Mexico had been the problem ... still think that has something to do with it as the engine "noticed" something after a fuel stop in Nogalas. All-in-all, happy with the GMC and the mileage either hooked or not.

We hook back up mid-March for a short tow into west central New Mexico for the summer.