Going to South carolinia from Missouri need advice?

areeo10

I am going to south Carolina to my sons graduation from basic training in the army and we are thinking about taking the camper out there from Mo. We have never pulled through any Mountains to speak of. Can anybody give a little advice on what and what not to do.

DL Rupper

Re: Going to South carolinia from Missouri need advice?

Hey areeo10, welcome to the forum. What are you pulling (size/weight) through the mountains and what are you pulling it with? Which route through the mountains do you intend to take?

levityami

RE: Going to South carolinia from Missouri need advice?

Make sure your truck has the power to pull it, Only use your gps if it is a truckers gps. we used a tomtom and it sent us up a mountain rd that we were not allowed on. Other than that drive slow and have a good time.

areeo10

I have a three quarter ton silverado 6.0, Camper is 27 rl wildcat. I mapped it looks like I will be going throug knoxville ansd spartinburg. Just never drove out that way just want to know what i will be facing. gonna try to stay on the main roads. I an sure this is done everyday better safe then sorry thou. Takeing my truck in to shop to get transmission flushed and brakes checked before I leave. any other suggestions

G

the mountain range u are gonna travel thru i40 ,,and i26 ,, they are not bad at all ,, 3 to 5% grade at the best ,, but alot of curves ,, ony one that is real sharp ,, and also 2 tunnels ,, that are on a slight curve ,, but u cn make it ,, it's wide 4 lane highway
:approve: :)

DL Rupper

Re: Going to South carolinia from Missouri need advice?

You shouldn't have any trouble pulling a 27 footer with your truck. Just make sure you go slow on the downhills if you don't have an exhaust brake. Have fun. :)