Good question, or not!?

tomczaksdiesel

Hey all, i have a question my dad is thinking about getting a 5th wheel toy hauler, Well today i found a 2006 Ragen 34.5 feet, the problem is he doesnt want a trailer over 33feet. I would like to see what a compison in size is to a tow behind, For example this trailer has about 4feet into the bed, so basicly around 31feet sticking out. Im wondering if this trailer is 35feet lets say, and its a fith wheel would it be around equall to a 28 or so foot tow behind trailer? In turning/ moneverability? Sorry if my spelling isnt all that great im only 14. Oh and btw are truck is a dodge 2500 diesel. Has some upgrades so around 850 foot pounds of torque. Oh and im guessing we'd need a sliding hitch cause its a short bed. Thanks!

Bounder Boy

Re: Good question, or not!?

We recently bought a MH, BUT, in our search for a camper. EVERYONE we talked to said get a 5th wheel over a TT. Towing and manueverability are just so much better. I know not a lot, but thought I inject what I had found in the past. Good Luck with your decision and a safe Labor Day to you.

powderman

I have had both TT and 5th wheel, and there is no doubt the 5'er is easier to tow. You need to find out what the weight will be for that trailer. Legally probably more than the Ram wants, but I have no doubt it will pull it. Some of the new 5th wheels have the front designed so it misses the truck when you turn. If it has the normal front, you would probably want a slider, but some people say it isn't necessary if you are careful. For myself I know I would be best getting a slider, as I would no doubt forget. BTW a set of Firestone air bags will do the truck wonders. Good luck. ;)

tomczaksdiesel

RE: Good question, or not!?

Thats what we had in mind, hiijacker makes a auto sliding hit for 1.4k, and a set of airbags is 300, so 1700 for the two is well worth it. Its just my dad is having a hard time making a decision because of the price of the trailer. Thanks for the input!

big bilko

I can read between the lines. MORE IMPUT PLEASE. I think Regards BIG BILKO> :clown: :clown: