Good Sam or GMAC Insurance

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by mducroz, Apr 23, 2013.

1. mducroz

mducroz Junior Member

I went thru a hail storm on April 3 in Marble Falls Texas. I have Good Sam Insurance or GMAC. They have two adjusters which are in Dallas not in central Texas. I was told to just send photos which I did. My roof was all bent up where the roof curves over the side. Destroyed all AC shrouds. It is hard to see all damage by photo since a lot of the damage is under the rubber roof. I also have small tears on roof. However they refused the claim. This is after 3 weeks and many phone calls.DO NOT BUY THIS RV INSURANCE. Not sure what to do now. I also am questioning my Good Sam Membership. I would assume they are aware of this problem
  2. wildcatervin

wildcatervin Member

Mine is coming up in apr,might just hold off.What was the reason they would not honor the claim?
  3. wildcatervin

wildcatervin Member

Meant in may
  4. mducroz

mducroz Junior Member

They do not have any adjusters. If I had someone to come out we would not have a problem. They try to do the claim by photos. In this case you can not see all the damage. Some of the damage is under the roof material. I would give it great thought before paying my money for this coverage
  5. wildcatervin

wildcatervin Member

Did they call it a act of god.Did that when there ground on the electric line broke,ruined most of the electronics
  6. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

I would not have insurance with a company that can't have an adjuster!! WOW never heard this. Sounds like lawyer time.
  7. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

well I have HAD them, but not any more. I have Geico Ins FOR ALL MY VEHICLES. I do have the extended ins and road side service with GS. But I am not happy with them. I filed a claim with them last year and I still have not gotten all the money I had to put out up front for the repairs I had to done. One of the reps. told me I wasn't cover due to the fact I was not in a "ACCIDENT". I had to pen her down on what her definition of the word "ACCIDENT" was. She said between to vehicle. I told her not in a polite way that I have vehicle ins for that. I did get the repair money back, but not the money I had to spend for motel or food, I had to spend. So as for as the extended warranty goes Yes I still have it with them and way ahead of the game with them.