gray water tank

Camping Kelly

I have an class "c" R-Vision Trail Lite. While filling the gray water tank with the valves closed, the tank starts to pressurize and stops letting water into the tank. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

C Nash

Re: gray water tank

Sounds like you have a plugged or kink in the tank vent hose. Has it always been this way?

C Nash

Ken I knew my eyes were trying to tell my brain there was something wrong with camping kelley's post but as usually the brain didn't respond. I hope he meant fresh tank

Kirk

If you mean you are filling the fresh water tank, then the vent line from that tank is probably plugged, or crimped. You need to locate the vent hose and trace it back to make sure that it is clear.

If the problem is with the gray water tank (waste tank from the sinks and shower), then you probably have a vent line which goes up through your roof which has become plugged.

Camping Kelly

It is not the fresh water tank. As I use water while camping, the gray water tank is not vented, apparently R-Vision did not vent the tank, the tank pressurizes and stops filling up during use. The tank is not full only a quarter to half full. Checked all vents and it is not vented. Any ideas on how to vent it myself?

G

did u ck under all the sink areas ,, some put vents there ,, i know that is the sink vent but ,, never know ,, u should have a vent for the gray tank ,, did u look on the roof ,, and see how many tiny vents u have up there ??? just an idea

Camping Kelly

RE: gray water tank

Only one vent on the roof, and it is for the black water I'm sure. Under the sink there is a vent, but it has a one way valve that when I drain the tank it only lets air into the tank so that the tank can drain. I am thinking about putting a 1/2 hole in the tank with a ball valve so I can relieve the pressure when I need to.