Gulf Shores, AL campground?

lmc

We are new to camping and are looking for a nice family campground/rv park around gulf shores, AL we can travel to over spring break. would prefer close to the beach, playground area for kids, super clean too.

Thanks
lmc from IN

dennis1949

Re: Gulf Shores, AL campground?

Last year there were no campgrounds on the beach left. There are several nice campgrounds on Fort Morgan Road and Gulf State Park is nice. it is across the road from the beach.

C Nash

Stayed at Gulf State Park this past July and it was clean. No shades or very few. Like Dennis said it's across the road from the beach but a long walk. Prices are reasonable for the area.

lmc

I located the Gulf State Park on the net and it looks like a great place. What tends to be the average temps. in late March there? I would love to go for Spring Break...gotta get away from all this snow here in IN. :)

C Nash

Lynn, hard to predict the weather at that time of the year. Can go from the 50s to 70s during day with nights 40s to 50s but if a cold front pushes south it can be a little colder.

lmc

Thanks for the reply. That sounds great to me, but I think our friends prefer warmer weather. Will keep it in mind.

rjf7g

70s by day and 50s by night sounds like perfect camping weather to me...that's kind of like late spring here.