Happy this weekend

G

Well the time has come to pull the MH outta it's garage ,, since we set the clocks ahead this weekend ,, that means time to get ready for summer camping ,, and mine is coming home this weekend ,, (been up at my moms house in it's garage) ,, but the bad part is ,, the slab for it at my house is 2 inches under water :( ,, due to the rains we have had in the last week ,, but that's ok ,, i can park it in the big drive i have and do what i need to ,, while there ,, just gotta run a longer extension cord :disapprove: ,, anyway ,, this means it is almost time to head out for good camping weather starting in late May ,, but on a sour note ,, due to the fuel prices ,, this yr's trip is gonna cost over $1,200 ,, that is for fuel and cg fees for the month ,, but hey who cares ,, i gotta get out ,, SOON ,, if the dang weather will just cooperate ,, all will be fine :approve: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool:

rjf7g

Re: Happy this weekend

We're camping our 6th night tonight! Looking forward to being able to open up everything at our seasonal site.

Shadow

We have the new ride all loaded up and full of gas. Ouch! Headed up to Fairfield Tx. It's about two hundred miles. So should be a good pratice run with the M/H and toad. If you see a M/H on the hwy riding the right shoulder wave or flash your lights. Just might be us!! :eek: :)

H2H1

Rod I would not get it just yet, I am sending you some more snow. Today we are at 75 and no clouds in sight, and in shorts and tee shirt :laugh: :laugh: my knid of weather

G

U send me snow ,, hollis ,, and u'r tires will be missing ,, not flat but missing at the M&G ,, it was 71 here today ,, still a bit cool for shorts ,, but did have on a long sleeve tee shirt ,, but the MH is home ,, and on it pad ,, and i already got the engine oil and filter changed ,, lubed front to rear ,, resealed the area of the roof i hope was leaking ,, blew out the w/h and refer vents ,, lubed the awning ,, and step ,, also lubed the spare tire winch ,, now all i gotta do is wash and wax ,, and of course dewinterize ,, but that will not happen till late april ,, around here winter is not over till after the dog woods bloom in full ,, have seen 18 inches in april ,, and the Blizzard of 93 hit us late april ,, so i am not going anywhere till may ,, well maybe july when it is just about warm enough to camp ,, May is still kinda cold ,, July is about right ,, :approve: :approve: :approve:

akjimny

Rod - Mid 80's down here in Central Florida. Of course, the only beach here is the lake, and the water's still a little cold. But it is getting hot enough for me to really miss Alaska. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Triple E

36 degrees here jimmy and the snow is slowing leaving. Although more snow is on its way. Just got back from Great Falls Montana and the highways are clear and dry.

H2H1

Rod can you come on down and just break them loose. I need to get the tire extenders on before we head up to Ken's OH. :laugh: :laugh:

brodavid

Even we got out this weekend, short trip to Charleston KOA in Ladsen, we stayed in a Kabin and enjoyed ourselfs, we went to supper at Gillagan's Seafood on Friday and on Saturday had Sarah's birthday party at the campground, was nice to get out again and camp, poor MSJ had to drive everywhere but she did not complain...

Shadow

Well we made it just fine. Shirley said I did all right driving and nobody blew their horn at me. Sitting by the lake looking out the window and wishing I was fishing. Only problem, a cold front blew in and I didn't pack any warm clothes! :eek: :angry: :dead: Big Dummy for sure.......

cwishert

Shadow, I am sure there is a Wal Mart not too far from where you are. You could buy a pair of sweat pants and a sweat shirt and then you would be set to go fishing, if you have all your fishing gear that is. We don't let the weather stop us from fishing! Unfortunately, I have not been fishing in quite some time but it was not the weather that stopped me. But things are looking up and hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to get out and go fishing, and camping again. I am glad that everyone else is getting out and about now.