Heating my Class A

frederick

Hi

If I'm hooked up to shore power, is furnace heating done
only by the 110 or do I still need the prophane?

And what if I'm not hooked up to any power? I have a
5500 onan on my 2000 Flair and 2 A/C units.

Thank You

Fred Rubio from Pasco, Wa.

C Nash

Re: Heating my Class A

Fred you will still need the propane to run the furnace. Even if you are not hooked up or running the generator the furnace will still work if you have good housw batteries.

akjimny

Fred - the furnace runs on propane and has a 12 volt fan. It will run off the coach batteries, whether you are hooked to shore power, running your generator or dry camping. As long as the coach batteries have a good charge and you have propane in the tank. The air conditioners need 120 volts a.c. to run, so you must be hooked up to shore power or running your generator.

frederick

Thanks Jim

Are my house batteries that strong? How long could I
run off of them in ref. to the furnace? They are two 6 volt.

Fred Rubio, US Army Aviation, 1961 to 1970 :)

akjimny

Depends on a number of factors. How much amp draw does the fan take; what the total amp/hours capacity is of your batteries; how new are the batteries. The real answer requires electrical math, at which I am NO expert. Perhaps another forum member can get you a better answer. :) :)

cougarkid

Frederick,

Are you sure the batteries are 6 volt in a 2000 model? Most are 12 volt, wired in series.
My '89 Georgie Boy has 3 batteries up front - one for starting and 2 house batteries - all 12 volt.

My house batteries did NOT charge while on shore power. I wired in a switch and diode to "jump" the emergency start button to get the batteries to charge.

Now that I think about it, there is a large blade-type disconnect under the hood that has been "open" since I got it (used). Could that be why the house batteries weren't charging?

Man I love this forum. Everytime I come here I learn something new!

LEN

Most later model MH's have 6 volt wired in series parallel in 2 4 6 or 8 batteries. Although 12 volts are not uncommon.

LEN