hot water heater

nickbcars

I have a new (used twice) Forest River Sandpiper 5th wheel 285RG. The first time I used it, there was so much gunk in the water at the campground that it plugged the system water filter before I got more than a trickle of water to the kitchen for about five minutes, then nothing.
I replaced the water filter, drained the water tank, and refilled it. Now I have plenty of water pressure throughout, except no water in the hot water heater. The owner's manual says something about a shut off valve but doesn't give a clue about where it is, and I've not been able to get through to the factory either. Those cold showers are out!!!
Any suggestions?
:question:

scimedted

RE: hot water heater

Have you looked for access to rear of hot water tank in your coach, I have seen cut valves there and also at the water pump. Hope this helps.

H2H1

Re: hot water heater

hello and welcome Nick, well I can't help you on this problem. I ask that you stay on line or come back later to night for a answer. There are several smart and I do mean smart people on this forum who will give you some advice.

Grandview Trailer Sa

If your trailer is properly plumbed, there are 3 valves on the back of it. The upper and lower valves need to be open and the middle, or crossover, valve needs to be closed. IF they are opposite of that, your water heater is "winterized". When winterized, you wont get any hot water.

Welcome to the forum.

Kirk

Ken's thought is the same as mine. Once concern it, has the water heater been turned on? If it is empty that is not a good thing.

Nick, have you found the answer? It is hard to help you if you don't let us know what is happening.