Hott Rodd

Kenworth

Anyone have any experience with these water heater elements? I have a Suburban 10 gallon DSI, and was looking at getting a DSI/Electric water heater, till I found this...since it is bout $300 cheaper, I am really leaning this way. What are your suggestions? Thanks

akjimny

Kenworth - The Hott Rod replaces the annode in your hot water heater. I would have two problems with this: 1) The annode sacrifices itself to keep the hot water tank from corroding. I didn't see anything on their website to say how their product prevented corrosion. 2) Unless your current hot water heater bay has a 120 volt outlet, you will have to run wire from your convertor/breaker panel to the hot water heater bay. Good luck with that.

I admit it would be nice to have the RV park pay to heat my water, but I don't think the Hott Rod retrofit is the way to go.:(:(

Kenworth

Well, we in NW OH have to remove our anode rod in any new water heater hear due to high minerals make our water stinky. I have never had to replace a water heater due to corrosion, so I don't think this would be a problem. As for the wire deal, I don't see it being a big deal, just to run a few wires, and wire up an electric switch beside my gas switch...anyone with some experiance with these????

C Nash

Brother in law installed one in his 6gal and it works fine. Did have to run 120 to it. Do a goggle search to get better prices. He got the complete kit from PPL for less than 100.