How level for my frigerator?

ICam08

I am new at RVing. I have a Norcold N611, 6 cu.ft. unit in my Itasca Cambria 26A, 2008. In my book it states to operate within 3 degrees off level side-to-side and 6 degrees front-to-back (as looking at the front of the refrigerator). I have a small square bubble level. It doesn't show the degrees so I have to guess. How do I know if I have it level enough? If I do the math (trig): 3 degrees side-to-side, 26' 7" (319") = 16.72" rise. 6 degrees front-to-back, 8' (96"), = 10.09" rise. This seems like a lot of rise. Is this right? I try to get the bubble somewhere around the middle. I have not been able to get it exact.

Thanks for your help, Ron

G

RE: How level for my frigerator?

Ron,, first off welcome to the forums ,, if i may say so ,, don't worry about the math , just get the bubble as close to center as possible ,, front to rear and side to side ,,, u'll be ok ,, just sit back ,, pop a top ,, and relax ,, that is what rving is for ,,, good luck ,, :approve: :) :)

Kirk

Re: How level for my frigerator?

Actually, if your RV is level enough that it is comfortable to walk about in and that you do not notice any effect of going uphill or water uneven in a pan on the stove, then you are plenty level to keep your refrigerator happy. It used to be vital to level the RV to the refrigerator to keep them working but designs have improved and in the past ten years or so, the 3/6 degree rule has come to play and that makes things much less difficult.

msjackie

We agree with Rod and Mr Kirk, if you get it real close and no angle of water in the pot on the stove you are about as level as you can get it. As Rod said do your best and relax, that is what it is all about.

DL Rupper

Our refrigerator has been working for 14 years and we just try to get it as level as possible using the bubble level. Usually that amounts to being within a + or - 2 inch leveling board side-to-side. Front-to-rear can usually be right on level using on-board electric/hydraulic leveling jacks.