I gotta question

elkhartjim

Being from Texas and especially east Texas, how do you greet your on coming rv'er while driving? In east Texas we always stick at least a finger (and no not that one) up when approaching another vehicle. Its just east Texas friendliness. I've noticed in my travels that another mhomer will wave (sometimes) but tt and 5 ers seldom will wave. Just cause I'm driving a fuel guzzling 38 ft mh doesn't mean I'm not friendly. Heck, I wave at the "flagger ahead" people and most times they wave back. They are government employees so they don't have to be nice. Just curious.
icon_smile.gif

C Nash

Re: I gotta question

Jim, I always just throw up a hand at other rvers if road and driving conditions permit and will also wave to the flaggers at work sites. Hard to tell if others wave back from rvs but dont bother me if they don't :)

G

i wave too ,, but since u brought up the word "wave " ,, WHY AM I NOT ON THE BEACH ,, but i do wave at other rver's ,, be it a tt or 5er ,, but Jim is right ,, it seems to be more of the MH's that wave back ,, not that i don't wave at all rv's ,, i do ,, well we will see where this one goes ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

I want to apologize to all of the RVrs that have waved at me as they went by.

I'm just too blamed slow! I waved back at you, but you were already on my rear bumper by then.

I know, I know, if I had been waving to you before you were waving to me, then I would have been waving when you waved, and you would have mistakenly considered that I was waving in response to your wave, but I was actually initiating a wave, so when you waved I would have thought you were waving in response to my wave, and we both would have felt like we gained a friend that would help us change a flat tire.

Well, that just didn't happen, so my apologies are in order. Sorry!

H2H1

I also wave at all rvers tt 5er and all in between. I notice some do wave back but as Tex stated by the time they see me wave it's to late to see them waving, so I guess they did wave back.

raskal

Since our last stick house was in the Blue Ridge of Virginia where everyone waves at each other, we carry on that tradition from the tow vehicle.

The entire open hand is generally used though I have seen several instances in those Eastern hills where the more simple raising of the hand holding a cold beer while politely nodding the head was acceptable. ;) :clown:

DL Rupper

I'm a little slow on the wave. I try, but my mind works very slowly, so don't get mad if I pass you bye without the wave. When I do get the wave started it's just a raise of the hand on the steering wheel. If I let go of the wheel with one or more hands, wifey starts bouncing around in her seat and reaches for the overhead hang on handle or the door latch getting prepared to jump.

Maybe the 5er's and TT's that don't wave are still smarting from being denied a overnight stay and the opportunity to mingle with the motorhome folks at the Motorhome Only Resort they just passed. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek: ;) :approve: :evil:

What makes me boil is that the TrailerLife magazine has MOTORHOME adds in the mag. However, the MotorHome magazine won't put Trailer RV adds in their uppity magazine. Just the 2 things strike me of RV CLASS elitism. For a long time I canceled my TrailerLife magazine subscription, but got bored and realized my boycott wasn't working so just recently started it again. Woe is me. :( ;)

I must say all you Motorhome owners on this forum are good ol boys and gals. :) Please don't take offence at my ramblings, I love you all. :bleh:

deniloo

RE: I gotta question

I'll have to try the wave when we are pulling the 5th wheel and see how many wave back. Being a school bus driver, we do the wave to all other buses, and 99% of the time get it back. I find myself waving at not only other buses but trucks, police, the mail person, the ups driver,(see her everyday in the same area) and the same neighborhood people I see walking every morning. Sometimes I forget that I'm not in the bus and wave but.......those people look at me like who the heck is that! I guess I look different without that big yellow bus around me! Since most rv'ers are so friendly...well just keep waving!

H2H1

to all KEEP ON WAVING we know you love us and we love you as well. IT's a southern thing for a man to nod his head at someone. we do it to say hello hi and to acknowledge your present. :cool: :approve: :blush: :clown:

utmtman

I wave at all rvers whether is be a mh or a tt. I do give the fickle finger wave when those rich folks pass me by doing 75 with a diesel rig 45 footer with four slides, pulling a Hummer or BMW or a enclosed trailer which usually has a corvette or ferarri in it, while I am doing 60. LOL Sorry could not resist.

G

Lee ,, u forgot one thing in u'r post ,, the trailer that is painted just like the rv ,, and almost as long ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
And hauling the corvette or maybe even the hummer ( u know those vehicles don't like to get wet) :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil:

big bilko

RE: I gotta question

I notice that you seem to be experiencing the same weird effect that we noticed last week on a 1000 km trip in our coachman r v . All the rv drivers wave back but the 5th wheelers and caravans dont.Is it snobbery /jealousy or do they concentrate too much on their driving to see.?We thought this must be just aussie drivers but it seems to be world wide. Regards from down under Big Bilko@kaye :) :) :bleh:

H2H1

big bilko , they are concentrating on driving. most will have white knuckle when they get to there site. they are friendly but most have tunnel vision when driving for safety reason

C Nash

Maybe they are following DL and can't see you for the Diesel fumes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

There it is hollis the reason for having MH over 5er. Dont have to put my entire brain to work to figure out how to safely pull it, MH driver just relaxes and trucks on down the highway like drivin a car. LOLOL