Installing a roof ladder ?

Discussion in 'Beginning RVing' started by SOSO, May 21, 2008.

1. SOSO

SOSO New Member

Dear RV Veterans,

We have just purchased our first RV. It has no roof ladder. What are the benefits other than the obvious? Our trailer is a 2008 FR Travel Trailer. Do all ladders install the same ? Can you purchase a generic ladder or does it have to be a FR product ? Do you need a FR schematic in order to install. Locally (Canada) they want ~ $500 dollars to do the job ! Yikes ! Any suggestions or thoughts ?

Thanks, Newby RVers ;)
  2. DL Rupper

DL Rupper Senior Member

Re: Installing a roof ladder ?

Hey SOSO, welcome to the forum. I hope you don't have to have a FR ladder. Kenneth from GTS may be able to answer your question.
  3. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

:laugh: :) :laugh: :) :eek:
  4. elkhartjim

elkhartjim Senior Member

What Tex said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Missy

Missy New Member

Did I miss the joke.
  6. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Welcome to the forum, I would sell $500.00 ladders all day long. Be REAL glad too!
    That price is ridiculous. The universal ladder should sell for around $100.00 and it will fit on the trailer.
    When I get ladders from the manufactures, there is a right and wrong ladder. They should be able to give you the build of the trailer. Knowing FR, good luck.
  7. hertig

hertig Senior Member

I have a ladder on my motorhome. One night we woke to a loud racket on the roof. Seems some teens were chasing each other and one decided that climbing the ladder and running back and forth on the roof was a good idea.

Mostly, I use mine for mounting a flagpole/weather station. I got a plaque holder at our last rally, which should block the ladder and make it harder to climb.