jayco closing starcraft plant

DL Rupper

Re: jayco closing starcraft plant

Well at least they are not closing permanently. As far as I can keep track, ALFA, TETON HOMES, ALPENLITE, & TRAVEL SUPREME have closed for good. It seems like there is another big manufacturer of 5th Wheel/Trailers that has recently closed, but I can't remember which one. :eek:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Not to spread rumors but, I have been told that Fleetwood, Coachman, Numar and a couple others are in trouble.

C Nash

Sad but afraid we are going to see a lot of this. :( Worst thing about it is folks will be out of jobs.

G

NASH ,, even nascar is feeling the pinch ,, 8 teams will be no more ,, and alot are merging ,, with other teams ,, sad ,, sad :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:

C Nash

Rod with Chevy, Dodge and Ford in money trouble it probably will bleed over into NASCAR. Guess we'll just have to watch all Toyotas run :(

DL Rupper

For now I can still go to Cummins for engine repair if Dodge quits producing. But then the Cummins is similar to the Energiser Bunny. It keeps on running. At least I hope it does. :bleh:

rjf7g

See http://www.rvtradedigest.com/web/online/Industry-Business-News/Jayco-to-close-its-subsidiary-Starcraft-RV/1$4342 for the details...

campers4u

I also was reading about Nu-Wa ,,,,, along with mfg's ,I also know some bigger dealers are fealing the pinch, 2 have closed there doors in my area,,,, but i think being a smaller dealer and not having to floorplan inventory ( lean and mean) is the way to go for the next few years,,,,,,