Just picked up MSN Streets and Trips

LEN

And down loaded the Mega PIO file 27.3 MB boy there are a lot of camp ground and stuff in there. Had hieght limmits in it too. Can hook to GPS and use for routing and finding whatever you need. Now if I can get a couple more POI files for boondocking in US Canada and Alaska I'll be a total computer camper. S&T $39 POI free GPS puck version $69.

LEN

biker

RE: Just picked up MSN Streets and Trips

how did you get it to hook up to the gps, i have a magellan and i am having a difficult time tieing the two together

rentprop1

Re: Just picked up MSN Streets and Trips

the streets and trips uses it own GPS that comes with the complete package, I have been using it for years for both work and travel, using you laptop or net book is a hell of a lot easier than trying to look at a little 4 inch screen compared to a 10 inch screen on a netbook, plus you can zoom in and out and pan all around using the mouse a lot easier that a regular GPS

p.s. since residential building has stopped just about everywhere even the older versions work really well cause not many new roads have been built, plus it gives you the option to draw them in manually or just drive on them and the GPS will create a trail of the exact road, try and do that with your little 4 in screen GPS...lol

LEN

Yes it should work. But should and can seems sometimes to not be the case.
Make sure that the magellan gps is NEMA 2.0 compatible and is set to output in that configuration. Connect to the laptop do a search from within Streets and trips through the GPS configuration and it should work.
I'm using an after market GPS puck for about $25.

LEN

TexasClodhopper

... but PLEASE don't try to drive with that laptop set up on the dashboard!!! :clown:

akjimny

That's why I bought the 7 inch Magellan Roadmate. Easier to see with these old eyes and seems to do everything I need it to do. :) :)

LEN

Just wondering why that's any different than having two dogs, a cat, 7 stuffed toys, two plants and half of yesterdays lunch on the dash. But all funnin aside in the city to make a turn or find a shop or a turn on a road where you must get in the correct lane I live by the GPS whether it be laptop or 4".

LEN

TravelRVing

I'm with you on the GPS, LEN. I get lost just thinking about leaving without it. Best invention since air conditioning.