Lexington by Forest River

Airedale

WE're on the verge of buying a Lexington. We toured it at Keystone RVs in Greencastle PA yesterday. We haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews on the RV or the dealer. It's a new 2010. We're wondering if anyone has any info or experience with this model and or the dealer.

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: Lexington by Forest River

Well, all you're going to hear on this forum is how bad a Forest River product is. However, the people who will tell you how bad they are, do not now or ever have owned one. I do own one. Granted it is a 2000 model but, I haven't had any problems with it ever. Just be sure and check it over really good before buying. If it doesn't look well made, maybe it isn't. Be double sure the dealer will stand by you and your purchase. Good luck!

H2H1

Re: Lexington by Forest River

Hi Linda and welcome. I suggest that you do a search on here for Forest River products. You will find some bad as well as some good reviews. Good luck on your purchase and happy traveling and camping.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Snowbird has a Sierra travel trailer. A Lexington is a big Motor Home. Not even in the same class, but yes do your research.

C Nash

Welcome to the forum Linda. Which Lexington are you looking at? Class B, C or A. There are a lot of neg post on this forum so I would look close. I have never owned one but if I saw one that I liked I would do the research and make up my on mind. All MFGs can produce lemons. Most around here that I have talked with have had no more problems than some other makes. Do the research on the dealer also. Good luck and keep us posted.

dfedora

Welcome Linda

I do own a class C 2005 Forest River Sunseeker Le on a Ford 450 frame V10 6.8. Although I have not owned it that long, I have no issues with it, seems to be well built. Some of the early model years had wooden frame construction my is metal square tubing frame.
I belive the Lexington is a class B+ continue doing your research. If there is an RV show in your area you should attend to look over different mfg.

I started camping back in the 70's with p/u camper for many years doing a lot of traveling. Now that the kids have grown and started there own family. We started it back up in 2008 going to Alaska and enjoying it. With the economy where it is I believe its a buyer market

Good luck
Dick

Triple E

There were some recalls on Forest River last summer. Not sure what models. Besure to find out.

dennis1949

I have a Cardinal by Forest River. I have had very few problems with it and would recommend hem to anyone. The dealer makes a lot of difference on any brand you buy.

cbuckhave

A few years back, my husband and I bought a Cardinal by Forest River. I was so beautiful!!! Only problem, it was a total diaster. We drove it from AZ to CA (our first and only trip with it.) We nearly had to have it towed back to AZ. Anything that could go wrong DID!!! The dealer immediately took it back and apoligized for the horrible trip. We ended up buying a Cameo by Coachman. Loved it! We call the Cardinal "eye candy" and suggest you look at the construction of your chosen camper carefully. Look under the camper. You might be surprised at what you see.
Good luck with your purchase.