looking for camping ideas for RV club in Los Angeles area

tomlang

Hello.

I am a member of an Elks Lodge RV club in Pasadena, California. The members range in age from about 50 to 80+, and all have self-contained RVs of various types and sizes. We have camping trips (rallies) every month, and usually drive from 100 to 200 miles from home.

I'm looking for ideas. Where do you recommend we go in the future? Our camping trips usually have around 10 rigs, and we are out from Thursday through the following Sunday.

Where are the good campgrounds? Some of our members "need" electricity, but we might be able to talk them into dry camping once in a while. I'm also interested in knowing about worthwhile activities and sightseeing.

Thanks, Tom

DL Rupper

Re: looking for camping ideas for RV club in Los Angeles area

Take a trip to Julian on Hwy 78. fun town if it hasn't burned down in all the fires. I believe there are a couple of RV Parks up the mountain on the way.

ironart

Re: looking for camping ideas for RV club in Los Angeles area

DL....You are right on about Julian....I just got back from a trip to Julian and Ramona and stayed in the County Parks in both towns......What nice campgrounds and almost all had electric but no water.....Just right for me....Price was $20.00 per night and if you stayed mid week you could get the second night free.... many sits are big enough for 40 footers with slides and toads, with parking for the toad right next to your site..

William Hensely in Julian and Dos Picos in Ramona

veronica

RE: looking for camping ideas for RV club in Los Angeles area

My husband is from Pasadena area but we bought into Thousand Trails it works ok since the fuel prices went up and we are both still working, Yukaipa off the 10 fwy which is close by also, then there is PALM Springs, We take the party where ever we go.

Veronica :)