Looking For Opinions

Discussion in 'Full Timing' started by famontherd, Jun 1, 2007.

1. famontherd

famontherd New Member

Well after lots and lots of research and one bad Teton trailer we finally decided on a 2006 coachman chaparral 340QBS. It is brand new and hopefully what we want. Has anyone had the Coacjman brand before? Any problems or concerns to be aware of? Thanks alot! Angela
  2. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Re: Looking For Opinions

Coachman is not even in the same town as a Teton. Yes, they have problems too, but no comparisons here.

The problems with Coachman start with you stepping on the steps. Listen to them groan. Better look VERY closely at the rest of the trailer.
  3. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

Angela, listen to Kenneth's advice. He knows what he's talking about. If you're near Virginia, it would be worth your while to go by and visit his dealership.
  4. famontherd

famontherd New Member

Thank you for your advice..We went through the whole trailer top to bottom inside and out and it seems like everything is in working order and put together well. I was very leery so I was extra, extra picky when we wnt through it. Thanks again!!

5. Yorkie Mama

Yorkie Mama New Member

Does anyone out there have experience with McKenzie 5th wheels? How do they rate?

ARCHER Senior Member

Yorkie Mama and Gamontherd, I'd still go by GTS in Virginia and take a look at what Ken sells. You won't find a more honest dealership IMO.
  7. soppor

soppor New Member

I own a 340QBS . 2007 and yes it's for sale..... let me know if you want to hear my Coachman story just e-mail me direct :(
  8. rjf7g

rjf7g Senior Member

I second that...great service before the sale and even better after the sale.
  9. brodavid

brodavid Senior Member

Keep it up and Mr Kenneth's head won't fit in Va
    love to all,
  10. Bluebird Bob

Bluebird Bob New Member

RE: Looking For Opinions

Look up RV Consumers Group. They have a book listing almost all the makes and the quality and problems of rvs.

Remember, if the drawers are stapled together, so are the walls. They will start to pull apart if rig used a lot.

Bluebird Bob