Looking to buy: market status-new or used??

Looking to buy a 25-30 TT and have been searching what is out there and it seems like new units are not much more than used. What do you think about this? Also, if a dealer lists a new model at, say, $18,000. what do you think they might actually take right now? Our market is very different now than in the past and I'm trying to decide where I should focus my efforts. There are some good deals on used as well, so I don't want to miss a deal on something a few years old either. Not interested in anything more than 7-8 years old though.

C Nash

Re: Looking to buy: market status-new or used??

Welcome to the forum Patrick. You can generally expect to take 15 to 20% off unless it has already been marked down on a current year model. Location and market will also play a part. Make an offer that you think is low and walk off. Buying used if not from a dealer might not be a good deal because they may owe more than the rv is worth. Some bought back when you could buy with nothing down and now the owner is upside down in value. Do a lot of looking and pricing similiar models at different dealers. JMO Good luck

Thanks. I wasn't originally thinking I would buy new, but I think it looks like the better deal. I am in Florida, so I think it is a good place to be for buying right now. I guess I could start another thread with this question-but is there some reason why manufacturers don't put murphy beds in RV's?? It seems like the perfect match for a Murphy bed, yet I have not seen one yet. It doesn't make any sense. Thanks again.

C Nash

Not famaliar with the murphy bed but thinking it's a wall fold up unit. Maybe the tt walls are not strong enough but seems as though I have seen a tt with a fold up bed if that's what you are talking about. May have been in a toy hauler. Flordia should be a buyers market now with all the dealers they have.

RE: Looking to buy: market status-new or used??

Yes, it's just a bed that folds up into the wall. A cabinet about maybe 20" would store it when not in use. They had one at a cabin we stayed at and I thought it was great for small spaces. I would think they would be more popular in RV's.

H2H1

well this passed RV show is Atlanta they had a MH with a Murphy bed in the master bed room. When the bed was up there was a 50'' LCD TV with surround sound in front of 2 recliners. Now that was a set up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

I have also seen them in MHs but can't recall them in TT other than the toy hauler. The one I saw in the toy hauler was just a cot more or less. Patrick I bet there are some TTs that have this built in. Might try googling to find one.

C Nash

Patrick, Forrest River offers this option but do a search here on FF products, Gulfstream also has it in a MH so check with GTS here on the forum to see if he has this option in a TT. Be worth the drive to ck his out. Also can go to his website from his profile.