Low Clearance Bridge

DanMichSr

I'm very new at this but one thing I had a concern about was bridge heights. My RV states it's 11'2" on the spec sheet but will measure just to make sure. I found a web page that most of you know about and that is....

http://www.aitaonline.com/Info/Low Clearances.html#heading

I'm from Maine and I have checked that state on the link above and there are 3 listings with listings of Minimum and Maximum Heights. I have no idea why the Minimum height is listed. Does anyone have any concerns about this or are the low clearance bridges really out of the way of normal RV'ing if there is such a thing. Thanks in Advance.

Triple E

Re: Low Clearance Bridge

Yes it is something you need to watch out for. With this said they are few and far between. Does the 11'2" include the height with the AC mounted on top. I think they will add another 8" but don't take that to the bank. Just be careful on some of the back roads.

The GPS that I use will tell you at the beginning of the trip where the low bridges and how far into your trip they are located. Nice tool to have.

Enjoy your RVing and keep in touch. :approve:

Pat L.

Re: Low Clearance Bridge

Just plan everything to be 13'' high. Watch out for fuel stops that are not truck stops as some station owners don't take the time to post the true height so you might get caught in a bad situation. Have see the fuel delivery trucks hit a canopy before.