more battery issues

hailo

when we bought the coach the guy was there replacing the house batteries. he replaced them cuz they were dead and we needed to make sure the system worked(jacks, generator, a/c etc)which it did but again we just tested it all.
my dllema is none of it works now so i started checkn the batteries and realized he put in two 12 volt batteris and connected them in series and not parallel.
my wife just told that when she was in the coach she turned on a couple lights when we picked it up from the guy. they turned then burnt out real quick
i took the batteries out and will be getting a couple 6 volt batteries but is my system going to be ruined in any way cuz of the way the 2 previus batteries were put in?
thanks again guys

Kirk

Re: more battery issues

There is a good chance that a lot of damage has been done to anything that you operated on the 12V system, which was getting 24V. I would take the RV back to the dealer purchased from and demand a full check of every appliance using 12V power. It could mean the refrigerator as all controls on it are 12V-dc, the water heater, the furnace, possibly some of the thermostat controls of the air conditioner if it shares a common thermostat with the furnace.

hailo

RE: more battery issues

ok so i have an update, took it out on its maiden voyage this morning were just going to local surf contest in huntington beach. so as of yesatrday only one electrical item doesnt work. and that would be the water pump. per the south wind manual it could be as easy as a 7.5 amp fuse at the converter panel. unfortunatly i have no idea where this panel is and the book dooesnt have a wire diagram or anything. would any of you know where this might be? also does any one know where the the water pump is located. in my old tioga it was underneath the fridge but i didnt see it there on this model. im assuming since thats where my circuit breakers are.
thanks again every one

1996 fleetwood southwind widebody 454

H2H1

Re: more battery issues

Hi Anthony, on my 03 it is on the right side behind the right front tire in the compartment. It is blocked by a protective cover that has velcro to hold it in place. The converter is in the lower cabinet just below the sink near the fuse panel. I have some, if not all the wiring diagram for mine and if you need a copy PM me your address and I will email what I have to u.