Myrtle Beach in February

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by tjvpga, Jan 14, 2005.

1. tjvpga

tjvpga New Member

We are planning on taking our class a out of storage for a trip south in February. We know we can't drain the anti freeze, etc until we reach warmer weather ( we are WAY UP in New York ). My question is, has anyone been in the Myrtle Beach area that time of year? Are there any good sites? We know it my still be cool there but its alot warmer then here! Is there anything we need to know about a trip this time of year? Thanks
    Tom and Deb

2. janicenlarry

janicenlarry New Member

Myrtle Beach in February

Contact the chamber of commerce for temp and activity info. Also check any camp ground directory to see what is open in Feb. :cool:

3. kitfoxjh

kitfoxjh New Member

Myrtle Beach in February

I have camped at www.pirateland.com several times and is a nice place. I think you can check year round temps on their site. I hope this link works to get you there.

4. turnipbwc

turnipbwc New Member

Myrtle Beach in February

Tom & Deb,
    Still going to be cool there in February but here is a nice RV park and you can't get any closer to the beach than this.
    www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com
    Enjoy your trip and think of me back here in WV freezing when you are there.
    turnip

5. tjvpga

tjvpga New Member

Myrtle Beach in February

thank you all for your information. we are both rookies at winter traveling so keep the tips coming if you think of anything. hope to see you all out there soon!
    tom and deb

6. pathfinderxlt

pathfinderxlt New Member

Myrtle Beach in February

Hello tjvpga, I go to SC in cold weather a cheap antifreeze is windsheild washer fluid 99 cents a gallon tanks won.t freeze with a few gallon and it cleans as you drive. Rich B.