NEED HELP LOCATING

dcrossroad

I HAVE A 1975 SPORTSMEN 35FT TRAVEL TRAILER AND I DON'T HAVE ANY INF ON IT. MY WIFE LOVED IT SO I HAD TO BUY SO NOW I AND AT THIS POINT. WHERE DO I FIND THE VIN OR SER# THAT SHOULD BE ON THE TRAVEL TRAILER. THE ONLY THING WE GOT WHEN WE BROUGHT IT WAS A BILL OF SALE. NOW BECAUSE OF THE AGE WE THOUGHT THAT SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A TITLE FOR THINGS THIS OLD. BUT WHEN I WENT TO GET A TAG SO THAT I COULD TAKE IT AROUND WITH ME. THEY SAID THAT I WOULD HAVE TO GET A VIN OR SER# OR THE OLD REG FROM THE GUY THAT I BROUGHT IT FROM TO BE ABLE TO GET A TAG. SO FROM HERE WHAT DO I DO AND HOW DO I LOCATE THE VIN OR SER# AND IF I CAN'T GET UP WITH THE OLD OWNER WHAT CAN I DO. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP THAT YOU PROVIDE ME.
D-CROSSROAD

dcrossroad

RE: NEED HELP LOCATING

YOU MEAN NOONE CAN HELP ME LOCATE THE VIN # ON MY TRAVEL TRAILER WHERE IT MAY BE. PLEASE HELP

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: NEED HELP LOCATING

Why don't you try typing without caps? We seem to like it better around here. I saw you post earlier and ignored it because it is so hard to read.

Look on the tounge of the trailer. Should be stamped there. Also, there should be a lable on the cabinets inside that has the VIN #.

C Nash

Look on the left side of the tongue, hitch frame. Some of the older ones had them stamped there. Might have to do some scraping. Caps are considered shouting. Turn them off unless you need them. Welcome to the forum

ARCHER

Try underneath the tongue. Sometimes there is a plate there that will have it. It could have been painted over. Did you check in all the storage areas inside to make sure there was not a tag located on the inside of one of the doors? You may need also to check on the main structual frames underneath the trailer. All of these are guesses but take a look. I had to title a trailer in Indiana so needed a vin. See if the ole guy that sold it to you bought it new and has a sales agreement.

H2H1

Also ask the person whom you bought it from if he still has a tag receipt. all VIN # are on a tag receipt. good luck

C Nash

Good suggestion Hollis. Terrel If you have the tag on the rv get your local police to run it and get the vin #.

dcrossroad

RE: NEED HELP LOCATING

Sorry everyone when i type with the caps off the words are hard for me to read. So that's why i type in all caps. And thanks everyone for the help i think that i have located it with your help. If the numbers in the location that you gave me is not it i will let you know. And once again thanks everyone.
dcrossroad

C Nash

Terrel if the caps are better for you use them. We can adjust as long as we know you need them :)