Need help with satellite receiver hookup

jewallac

I have a 2010 Montana 5th wheel. It has a single outside cable/satellite connection. Inside there is a single coax cable running to the tv in the living room and another going to the tv in the bedroom. I know how to connect the satellite receiver directly to the tv in the living room. However, if I do that then I no longer can switch to antennae without disconnect the receiver and reconnecting the coax directly to the tv. In my previous trailers, there was always a switch box. I was hoping someone could advise if I can buy a swtich box and how it should be connected. My second question is, I don't see anyway to connect the bedroom tv to cable unless I had a second receiver. Any help would be much appreciated.

June

C Nash

Re: Need help with satellite receiver hookup

Most satellites will not work if you have a antenna booster w/o modifacations to the bouster. I called the antenna company and they told me how to do it. Do you have a box with TV, vcr, rear ect on it?

TexasClodhopper

June, there's nothing coming from your satellite dish that means anything to a TV without the satellite receiver in between.

So, the bedroom connection is only from the dish and would need a separate receiver for any TV there.

Many, if not all, satellite receivers have a provision on the back for an external antenna. They also have a coax connection for the TV. On mine, I simply switch the TV to "RF" for the external antenna connection.

Shadow

June, we have only one box for both tv's. You need a splitter to connect from the antenna line to the bedroom tv. The only draw back is you can only watch satellite tv. Have to put everything back to use the antenna.