New guy, here.........

blueridge

Hello all, My name's Duane. I'll preface this post by telling you that I'm a bit intimidated by the fact that most of you seem to travel around in HUGE rigs. My wife, Dawn, and I just bought a 2004 Dutchman T@B. I'm prior military and have spent many years sleeping in tents (or without) and the wife and I have been avid tent campers for a long, long time. So an enclosure, on wheels, with a stove, sink, fridge, queen size bed, heat and air is quite a big thing for us !!!!!! I was happy to find this forum as I surely have much to learn. Just hope you folks can find room for the "little guys".

Bounder Boy

Re: New guy, here.........

We ALL probably started out like that also, so let me be the first to say. WELCOME ABOARD !

vanole

blueridge,

Welcome aboard. Retired rust picker here.

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

H2H1

hello blueridge and welcome to the best. some of us are still learners, I am just a retired firefighter hanging on

Kirk

Everyone has to start somewhere. We began with a very old, small tent, then a practically new, bit tent. Next came a very well used and small pop-up which was followed by a very large, new pop-up that we kept for 9 years. Next came a 25' class A motorhome and then after 8 years we traded that in on the 36' motorhome that we live in today. Like most things it is a progression for the majority of us. All of us have had to learn as we went too and just hope to save those like yourself some grief from our foolish experiences.

So do jump in at any time, whether it happens to be a question, or some kind of information. None of us know all of the answers so do not be intimidated.

big bilko

RE: New guy, here.........

Welcome aboard. Hope you get many years enjoyment from your travels. Regards BIG BILKO. :) :) :) :)

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: New guy, here.........

welcome2-1.gif

thtravel.gif

try2findus

Welcome Blueridge!

We have family in Charlotte and I must say you are fortunate to have such a nice home state. We visited last October and really enjoyed the U.S. National Whitewater Center! We also spent time in Mt. Airy and Old Salem.

Our RV is a 2007 Jayco Greyhawk Sport and it is only 30'. Certainly no "huge rig" but it allows me to drive it as well. Can't have Randy doing all of the driving! ;)

We know you and you wife will love the Dutchman and we look forward to seeing you "on the road"! :cool:

akjimny

Kirk - Tex knows all the answers - just look at his signature block :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: JUST KIDDING ! ! Tex :laugh: :laugh: But seriously, welcome Duane. I too am retired military and like others we started small - a 1965 Ford panel van that I built a fold down bed and some cabinets in, a Chevy van with a 21 foot travel trailer to our current rig, a 31 foot Class C Money pit (whoops - I mean motor home).

If you have ANY questions, post them here. This forum has a wide diversity of experts in all phases of RV maintenance and repair and they are free with their advice. I know, I posted several questions when we started out on this adventure.