New Member! Hi Everyone!

RoadWorker

We are NOT new RVers - having been on the road since 1997, but we ARE new to this forum. So Howdy.
Joined up because we are now in a 2005 5th wheel and are looking to go to a motorhome and want to
ask questions about which ones people like and why. Keep in mind folks that we have been
full timing for 12 years, which means out pocket books are not full. If you have recommendations:
A vs C vs B and why, we would love to hear them.

Hope everyone on the east coast is safely tucked away!

Daneille

C Nash

Welcome to the forum RoadWorker. Would help to know what your budget for a MH is? New or used? Allegro makes a good MH IMO. We have a 34 foot HR with 2 slides that has been a great MH. Diesel or gas? Diesel if you drive a lot of miles and want torque. I like the A class but have never owned a C or B. What type camping do you do?

RoadWorker

Hi Chelse,

Well, we have had a class A, but are wondering if a Class C might be easier to drive, get in and out of, etc. We don't want a diesel (never say never) and we camp in ALL forms from boondock, to national parks, to RV resorts, to walmart. Just looking right now at what others do and how comfortable they are in their respective rigs.

LEN

Welcome,
Although there have been big gains in gas ClassA MH's the diesel's have the power, weight towing and carrying, ride, storage and come standard with many nice features and usually better components with better fuel mileage. For me going from a 5th wheel to a gasser would be going backward.

LEN

H2H1

well along those lines, I am looking at 5th wheelers and a newer truck to pull it with. I have a 03 South wind class A, GASSER. It is a nice unit, but the wife is wanting to type out a 5er, so who am I to deni her. Beside, it her money

C Nash

I would not go diesel for fuel milage alone. Would take forever to overcome the cost and gas is cheaper. As Len said if ride, power, torque is what you want go diesel. We went from 5th wheel to gasser and I sure like the MH best for our age and how we camp. I think the A class is as easy as C as far as driving but that would just be an individual choice. I know a B would be to small for our type camping now. We do about the same type camping as you RoadWoker. I get 8 MPG with the V10 Ford MH and tow a tracker which gets 25 MPG. We dont stay in one place very long. A class easier to set up and breakdown IMO but C class or B would also be easy I guess. C class may have levelers which is a must for me and B would not. AJMO Final decision can only be made by what fits your needs. The V10 ford has plenty of speed and power for me and I am an old drag racer. It carried us to Alaska and back no problem. We are retired now so never in a hurry.Keep us posted on what you do.

akjimny

Hi Daneille and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. My biggest deciding factor inbuying my motorhome (a Class C) was what I felt comfortable driving. I tried a couple of Class A's but just didn't like the driving position. Boss Lady and I have had various vans for the past 40 years, so transitioning into a Class C was no big deal. I too have the big Ford V10 and get 8 miles per gallon when I'm not blasting down the road at 70 mph. And it will do 70 when you are in traffic on the interstate and trying to keep up. Not bad for 30 foot of house going down the road.

Anyway, it all boils down to what you like and what you can afford. Good luck with your decision and post back.:):)

Boyde31

Welcome to the RV world. It's difficult to give you advice on what to get without more information. However, I'm sure we can get that figured out. Looking forward to some good times ahead.