New to Rving

trell

1st time to ever own any type of camper. We bought a 2001 Georgetown 35' V10 motor hope I made right choice. The trans. seems to wind up to a high rpm before shifting is that a normal thing on RV'S?Will this affect me pulling a trailer with my motorcycle on it (victory vision 011)?forgive my manners Hello I'm Trell new to this. We thought that in the little time that I have left We go RVing to see this great land. Hope the wife can get used to driving this thing.I am truly a blessed man.

akjimny

Hi Trell and w2elcome to the RVUSA Forum. The early Ford V10's had a problem with blowing out spark plugs. The plugs only bit into the head for 3 to 4 threads and were known to blow out. Hopefully you won't have any problems. I have a simular motorhome (2007 Sunseeker) and the tranny does seem to wind up more than you would expect - but in 5 trips up and down the Alcan towing a trailer each time, I have had no problems with the tranny. I would recommend you take it to a transmission service center and have them flush the fluid and replace the filters. That's just good maintenance.

Hope you don't have too many problems and you enjoy your new purchase. Post back if you have any more questions and we'll try to help.

trell

Is there a fix for this spark plug thing and how will we know if this one of those engines that has that problem? Thank You for the info.

akjimny

Trell - As far as I could find on Google, the problem existed until the 2004 model year. Ford changed the heads and aleviated the problem. If you have one blow, there are fixes - helicoil, time sert, or replace the heads with newer year haeds from a salvage yard. You may not have a problem - you never know. :):)