New to site

dfedora

Just bought a 26Ft 2005 sunkeeper le Ford 450 frame V10
I didn't get any manuals with rv . Rec'd today from FL. I had seller winterize it before the trip up north to MA.
I need to spend some time finding everthing, not sure if I will figure everything out or not , Batteries,power to generator ect. Are there manuals i can purchase out there.

Thanks
Dick F.

rjf7g

Re: New to site

RV manuals are not very helpful. You are better off finding someone who is familiar with RVs and getting them to give you a walkthrough. There are generic manuals and videos out there that can be as helpful as your OEM manual. You may be able to find the OEM manual - e-mail Forest River and they may send it to you. I e-mailed Fleetwood last year and they mailed me the manual for my 1992 model at no cost. I provided them with my VIN.

G

I agree with Becky on that one ,, get with the Manufact. on ur rv .. they will be more than glad to help ;) ;) :) :)
BTW welcome to the forums :)

H2H1

well all I can say is ditto ditto for Becky and Rod.... welcome to the best forum and friends

H2H1

well all I can say is ditto ditto for Becky and Rod.... welcome to the best forum and friends

dfedora

Thank for the quick response. I WILL E-MAIL them and ask . I was told from the dealer that everything works but didn't fly down to check it out ,I hope that was a ok desion....I paid a transporter to drive it 1200 miles up north he told me the engine & drive train preformed perfectly.
When you winterize do you normally disconect the battery's to the rv for the winter if you don't plan on using it? or do you start the generator during the winter to give them a charge a coupe of times?
Thanks
Dick

LEN

Welcome,

I would check on the winterizing just to make sure. Maybe pour a bit of the pink RV antifreeze in the sinks and shower and just a touch down the toilet. Make sure the hotwater heater is drained and check the water lines for being blown out of water or the pink antifreeze. Start the gen monthly and run a electric heater for a good 30min to an hour or heat a big bowl of water in the micro, this puts a load on the gen to dry out the electrical part. If you get a period of reasonable weather take the RV for a drive of at least 30min to an hour. Either unhook the batteries or keep some type of charger maintainer on them, a very low or dead battery will freeze and that is replacement time. Keep an eye out if there is snow on the top as it melts for water for leaks. I would call the dealer and ask what he did to winterize, a winterize in the south may not mean the same as in the colder north. GOOD luck and think spring.

LEN

dfedora

Boy am i glad I checked the winterizing that the rv dealer did for me in Florida. I spent all morning Christmas day taking all the drains apart full of solid ICE ....tanks were drained but no pink antifreeze .I'll have to wait till the stores open tomorrow to get some.than run some thru the lines too

WISHING EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS
THANKS
Dick

2005 sunseeker

H2H1

Dick I am sure glad u took Len and others advice. I would hate for u to discover it wasn't winterized and all the pipes froze and burst on u this spring. and I know it would bve just before y wanted to head out. Good luck and happy traveling