New to this with a ladder question...

Zonic2001

I just purchased a 2011 GulfBreeze Sports 25TSS. This is my first camper. Done 20 years of tent camping. Anyway, want to do my fisrt mod and would like to install a rear ladder to gain access to the equipment on the roof but called the manufacturer and they told me that they don't put a ladder on these TT and they don't provide a roof bloker to screw the ladder top on the roof either. The TT is fiberglass shell and should have some plywood backing on the walls. I'm planning to install a universal ladder with the first two supports bolted onto the rear bumper of the TT to take most of my weight. Has anyone here installed an Universal ladder? Is the fiberglass/plywood exterior construction strong enough to hold it? Should I helicoil the mounting holes to make them stronger into the fiberglass? Can you tell me which ladder manufacturer you used? Any information is greatly appreciated. Otherwise, if I don't get any feedback in here from the experts , I'll get a telescopic ladder.

bookseller

Re: New to this with a ladder question...

Your last sentence answered your question. Get a telescopic ladder and carry it underneath. Don't try to re-invent the wheel. The manufacturer did that for a reason. To avoid liability, the roof won't hold you, whatever.

akjimny

Re: New to this with a ladder question...

Ed has the right answer. If the manufacturer wanted you up there, he would have provided a ladder. :) :)