Newbie question about weight

Pammie

Hi,
I am "new" to the world of camping and have a question hopefully someone can answer. I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma off road (not 4 wheel). The towing weight is 6500 lbs. Right now I have a 15' Gulfstream and am looking to get a bigger home because I can't keep making the table into a bed all the time. I am looking at a Bullet Ultra Lite made by Keystone. My question is can I safely tow a 24' trailer that has a weight of 4809? the hitch weight shows 475. Including the tongue, the length would be 28'.
Thank you very much for helping, I am just not sure :)

G

RE: Newbie question about weight

welcome to the forums Pam ,, i would have to say right off ,, u will be exceeding the tow vehicles capacity once it is fully loaded ,, with all ur stuff ,, and such ,, but i may be wrong ,, i have never owned a tt ,, so not mcuh up on it ,, to me if it has hitch and wheels i'll hook to it and pull it ,, no matter what ,, :laugh: :laugh:
No really ,, i am sure others will let u know more then i think i know ,, but u will get a good answer no matter what :approve: :approve:

Triple E

Re: Newbie question about weight

To be honest, NO!!!! Wouldn't even think about it. Empty trailer yes. But like Rod said, by the you load it up you will be in the danger zone. SORRY.

Pammie

Thank you everyone .... I've gotten so many answers from so many people my head was spinning. I'm not going to try it after reading your comments. I really appreciate your responses

Pam

Triple E

You are welcome Pammie. Anytime. Please come back and visit. :laugh: :laugh: :cool: :approve:

H2H1

Morning Pammie, most of the reply's to your question are honest and straight forward. No one on this forum want any RVer to get hurt in any shape, form, or fashion.. Most are season (veteran) RV'ers and ran into the similar problem along the way. Please feel free to ask all the questions you have. Remember the only dumb questions are the ones not asked.

Triple E

Man you got that right Hollis. Live and learn, huh!! Some of my learning have been pretty ugly. :dead: I Would hate to see anyone make the same mistakes I have made. ;)

G

u got it steve ,, we all learn from what stupid stuff we have done ,, and i feel if i have done it someone else has also ,, i will not bash anyone for any rv mistake ,, it happens ,, and we all know we have done it :eek: :approve: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Well Pam my thinking is if you have a true tow weight of 6500 and the Bullet only weighs 4800 you should be able to tow it. There is no room for error and you need to be sure on the weights. You would really need the Buillet weighed before you purchase. You would also need to have all the proper tow hitch. The Bullet ULW may include a full fresh water tank which tou don't need while traveling most of the time. 1700 lbs to play with again if all weights are accurate. I do agree that overkill on the tow vehickle is the best. Maybe I am reading something wrong. Prone to do that in my older age. AJMO