no longer alone

G

Well since i am at the beach right now ,, got here wed morning ,, had only one oher Newmar next to me ,, but now ,, with the weekend they have been coming in flocks ,, there is not a spot left ,, i had to back a guy's traier in about midnight last night ,, saw 2 guys get in a fist fight tonight over one of them getting to close to the others vehicle trying to get his trailer in a spot ,, but the good news ,, according to all the window tags for the gate ,, most are outta here on monday :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:
but it has already become a drunken park party ,, kinda fun to watch ,, and if u join in u get free booze :cool: :eek: :eek:
they even started a wet tee shirt contest (sorry to the ladies out there) but office got wind of it ,, and it got as far as the girls in tee shirts ,, that's it ,, but it gonna be fun this weekend ,, :approve: :approve:
also broke one of the stingers on my board ,, took it to NMB surf shop ,, and they installed a device that i can remover the stingers if need to be ,,, :) :)

akjimny

Re: no longer alone

Enjoy....meanwhile, up here in Anchorage I had to go to Walmart and buy two MORE fans to keep the house cool during this 70+ degree heat wave we are having. :laugh: :laugh:

try2findus

Rod, Rod, Rod.......Don't you sound like you are having a blast? Yes you do, and well deserved I must say.

Two weeks from today, we will be at Disney World with the GS and whew, I bet it's gonna be hot.

We hope you and your DW have a wonderful and safe holiday and please have an adult beverage for us. We've been working ALL week and totally exhausted today. We will try to imagine we are there at NB instead. :cool:

akjimmy, 70+ in Alaska in May? Sounds like the time of year we want to travel there...Enjoy!

H2H1

Jeanie it sounds like Rod is having a blast just watching the other campers. I bet he only been on the beach maybe one time, he is to busy overseeing everyone else in the park. But I know him and he is having a blast. So go ahead Rod and do your thing you have waiting a whole year for it. :bleh:

H2H1

Jimmy are you saying it is 70 degrees in May and you needed 2 more fans??? Well I at least know when to plan my trip. Sorry about all your trouble, but that to be expected in that rough state. BTW I loss the pin to my tow dolly a few years back, I also got some tie backs and made a loop thru the handle and on the support bar, Now it will always be there.

akjimny

70 degrees in May is rare for Anchorage. Folks are down at the lake swimming and running around town in shorts. My resident Alaskan family are all sweating and dying from heat stroke, to hear them say. I find it quite refreshing coming from the Florida heat and humidity.
When we lost the pin the boss lady made me buy two, one for the dolly and a spare, just in case. Smart woman - that's why I let her marry me.

whitey

RE: no longer alone

Hey Rod Have a good time Remember all then cold winter day in Tn. Hope to see you in Oct.

akjimny

How's the people watching down at the beach? I miss the bikinis but not the heat. :laugh:

G

well the bikinis were great ,, but one thing ,, most of the ones wearing them would get u 20 (if u know what i mean ;) ) but other than that weather has been great no rain only sprinkles and for the last 2 days calm winds during the day ,, and mid to upper 90's on the beach :cool: :cool: :cool:
went deep sea fishing today with my son and his girl friend ,, had a blast ,, caught a few ,, and the rest of my time here wil be on the beach ,, from sun up to sun down :cool: :cool: :cool:
oh yea one other thing ,, i have logged almost 72 miles so far ,, waling on the beach ,, i guess i am outta shape :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

well Rod I don't have to go that for to see the tiny bikinis, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but I would love to be up there with you to keep you company, I might even share one of my Miller LITE with you. naw I wouldn't :laugh: . Glad you are having fun

akjimny

When I was a young man growing up down there we used to call those "Raiford Quail." Enjoy the heat and the view. I'm going shopping for hip boots and a trout rod tomorrow - family cook-out today. :)

G

well kinda changing plans ,, gonna pull out of here sat ,, and head to NC for a bit ,, figured a couple of days on Carolina beach in Wilimington ,, then over to Cape Hatteras for a couple days ,, then back here ,, and then home ,, i may or may not have wifi so i may be off here for awhile ,, but i will try what they have if any ,, maybe use a local Hot spot ,, but prolly won't do that since we eat at the CG most of the time :cool: :cool: :approve: :approve: :approve:

G

wel again ,, change ,, gonna pull outta here monday morning ,, i could not get a spot in Carolina beach till late monday afternoon thru wed ,, and since it is not that far a drive from here to Wilimington ,, i wil take my time :) but that gives me 2 more days to get the board perfected ,, since the waves are quit a big bigger on Carolina beach :eek: :eek: :eek:

G

Ok now i am in Wilmington , NC ,, at Carolina beach ,, and i must say ,, the guy at the surf shop in MB was not lying ,, the waves here are over whelming ,, it would take me a month to get used to them ,, i have wiped out so many times it is not funny ,, but hey ,, that is part of it ,, i hope to be here till thurs ,, then back to MB ,, and then home on sat :( :angry: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:
but ,, u can't always get the dream of a lifetime forever :angry:
btw wifi here is pretty good ,, and pretty expensive ,, 14 dollars a day :eek: :eek: and the beach chairs are 35 a day ,, oh well the cost of vacationing :cool: :laugh:

C Nash

WOW 14 bucks a day for wifi :eek: . I would have to pass and I would also be sitting on sand :laugh: What a sight!!!! 6ft 14in tall Rod doing cartwheels off a surf board :laugh:

G

Well ,, sad day ,, it is all over :( :( :( :disapprove: :disapprove: :angry: :angry:
I will be leaving here in about 2 hrs heading home :( :(
I know i will have to fight the steering wheel ,, since it will want to turn back ,, and i know my MH is getting fond of the beach ,, it told me so :clown:
But anyway ,, i'll be home in the am ,, and won't know what to do with out sand all around ,, and waves crashing ,, but oh well ,, all must end sometime :disapprove: :disapprove:

akjimny

Rod, you could bring some sand home in your shoes, Oops -that's right - no shoes. Well, Home Depot will sell you a bag :laugh: :laugh: I'm lucky - my vacation won't be over til 1 Sept- - - unless we get to arguing with the inlaws :eek: :eek:

G

well been home for about a day or so ,, and i wish i had never come home ,, yard looks like a jungle ,, pool is as greean as the grass ,, house looks like a train wreck ,, and the sad thing is ,, my son ,, and MIL were here to take care of everything :angry: :angry: :angry: ,, my son said it was too hot to mow ,, and the MIL said she was to tired (of sitting on her ass all day ) to do anything ,, next time ,, when i go away this long ,, i will for sure hire someone to take care of the place ,, this is WAY OUTTA LINE ,, IMO , sorry ,, just not the way i wanted to come home ,, :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:

Triple E

Seems like something/one always has to ruin a vacation. Nothing like having a good time just to have it end in a mess. :disapprove: :evil: :dead: :blackeye: But the would still goes on and best of all you got home safe. :) :cool: ;) :approve: